Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fritse
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,128
Message 41 of 84

Re: Lenovo E480 usb-c dock problem with monitors

Got a new usb-c cable (20V,100W), but thtat did not solve the problem. snow is back, blackouts are back. I had the feeling that disabling the amd gpu did help, but that's not the case. Also the charging problem was not solved by the new cable. Right now the notebook is not charging though it's docked.

Whatever it is... the E480 is really not well designed by Lenovo. (tried to play a game this weekend but i almost burned my fingers on the keyboard. Decided this was no good idead. And i am afraid that the heat killed my fingerprint scanner, as it's not working anymore since this gaming session)

Fritze
Paper Tape
Views: 1,089
Message 42 of 84

After ten more days of testing I can report that everything works well with the new cable. There were no complaints whatsoever.

RealisatorAG
Paper Tape
Views: 1,074
Message 43 of 84

What kind of cable you mean? Where did you buy the cable?

Fritze
Paper Tape
Views: 1,068
Message 44 of 84

See here. I got it from Amazon.

Paraidomat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,023
Message 45 of 84

Hi everyone,

I'm using said USB Type C Dock (40A90090EU-FL) on a Lenovo E480 (20KQS00100).

I have the exact same issues. I called the support and they sent me a new docking station (just the "black brick" nothing else. No USB Cable provided.).

I would be really glad if Lenovo could figure this out.

Also what I figured is: I'm using a Tascam US2x2 on this Dock and even though my speakers are turned way down on the audio interface, there still is noise comping out of the speakers. I assume that this is some sort of "crosstalk" between the USB-C Cable and the speakers. If i connect the interface directly to the computer there is no problem whatsoever.

Best Regards from Germany,

Paraidomat

Paraidomat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,015
Message 46 of 84

Hi Andy,

any new news?

//I'm just posting this so you may get a notification or something.

BR from Germany

Paraidomat

Paraidomat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 937
Message 47 of 84

I have to correct myself: The problem with the noise out of the speakers occurs even though it's connected to the Notebook itself.

Also BOTH of my USB-C Docks seem to brick my Network after a while. This also seems to be a common error with this Dock (see: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Lenovo-USB-C-Dock-Network-issue-when-not-c...) the only difference for me is, that it also sometimes happens, if the notebook is connected, but shut down. When I'm back home from work I will try to sniff my Network in order to maybe see what the dock is doing there, if it happens.

I hope the Lenovo Staff is able to fix these issues soon.

The first ticket with the Lenovo support was closed automatically this morning and I'm not sure what to do, since the new Dock didn't change anything for me. All problems still exist.

//sorry for triple posting, I couldn't edit my old posts.

Hoping for help
Paraidomat

Paraidomat
Fanfold Paper
Views: 878
Message 48 of 84

Yesterday I had another call with the Lenovo Support. Fortunately I got to speak with the same agent as the last time, so he already kind of knew what I was talking about. I sent him the link to this thread and he was able to get a Thunderbolt 3 cable that will be sent to me soon. I will try if that resolves the problem and let you know.

Highlighted
jdturneriii
Punch Card
Views: 847
Message 49 of 84

I noticed something odd in my setup: I have an old desk lamp that I gutted and added new (at the time) guts for an 18" flourecent bulb. When I turn the lamp on or off, my screens blank for a second. This would indicate that the dock is subject to noise / electrical interference. Perhaps the new cable that many have tried is a solution. I started this thread (mentioned above), and had the USB-C dock at the time. Screen flickers and network nuking all over the place. Gave up on that and got a plugable dock that supports 3 monitors. The lamp noise apparently hits this as well (but only 2 of the three monitors - consistent and repeatable).

HTH

jimt

jeremyo
Paper Tape
Views: 780
Message 50 of 84

I am also experiencing this issue with two of my users.  The only difference is we have e580s the symptoms are the same.  The screen blanking and the snow.  I have updated the firmware on the docks, and this is a clean install of windows 10 Pro.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors