Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wg3
Paper Tape
Views: 368
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo E520 - wont take latest windows 10 update 1703

I have spent weeks with Microsoft technitions trying to get my E520 to take the latest windows 10 update, 1710. They have all given up.

Bottom line is that Lenovo hasnt bothered to update drivers updated for widows 10 on my model, so now I am forced to buy a new laptop. Well, its not going to be a Lenovo, thats for sure.  

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 357
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo E520 - wont take latest windows 10 update 1703

Hi wg3,
I am sorry that you are having a problem with an older model Lenovo. It appears that you tried your best to upgrade your version of Windows.

The E520 entry level business laptop was initially sold 6-7 years ago. According to research, the average lifespan of laptops (all brands) is less than that.  Based on use, there are exceptions, of course. Nevertheless, OEM's generally do not update drivers on older models because there are so few of them surviving past 5 or 6 years.
It is is your choice to purchase another brand, but please be aware that all OEM's have lists of models that have aged out and are not compatible with and/or have not been tested for Windows 10 versions.

Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2006-2016 / Windows Insider MVP 2016-
I am not employed by Microsoft or Lenovo.

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

wg3
Paper Tape
Views: 350
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo E520 - wont take latest windows 10 update 1703

Yes, well a colleague has a Dell that is older and has no problems updating. Also, I upgraded the memory and put in a ssd drive 3 years ago so it is definately not entry level spec.

This is just a ploy by Lenovo to try and force people to go and buy another machine. In my case its back fired. Forced redundancy is very short sighted.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors