08-04-2017 01:41 PM
Hi, i’ve update the laptop to te latest BIOS version due to the latest Intel amt bug.
After the restart it showed the progress and finished it.
An auto-restart was initiated and the screen stayed black.
The system would not boot anymore in the normal way.
After reading on the internet keeping the [Fn]-B pressed during boot and cycling power again (keeping the keys pressed) it boots windows normaly.
The fault is in the startup of the computer during the 'boot-loader' I think.
After that its possible just to boot and enter the BIOS-menu.
Is there a way to restore the boot to normal functionality ?
Some things I als tried;
- Used wincrisis restore process with BIOS.WPH
I’ve managed to downloaded the BIOS but it’s a multi file bios, think that the wincrisis-fix won’t work because of that.
- Reflashed the bios, initiating from windows.
08-07-2017 03:57 AM
Thanks for using the Lenovo forums.
After all that, I would recommend that you attempt a factory reset, if the issue would persists, then it would possibly indicate a hardware fault.
Note: Please back up all your data as running this reset will delete any data on your machine
1. Turn the machine off and press the recovery button which is located usually next to the power button. If you have a desktop machine you will need to power the machine back on and keep tapping the F2 key.
2. Use the arrow keys and press enter on system recovery. ( Desktop users can skip this)
3. Select “restore from the initial backup” and then “Next”.
4. Click “start” and accept the warning messages.
Length of time can vary depending on the speed of the machine.
Hope this helps, let us know how you get on.
Did someone help you today? Thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!
This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.