Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eddie27
Paper Tape
Views: 1,238
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo E580 Integrated Camera Not Working Multiple Machines

Hi All,

I've Deployed so far 3 Lenovo E580's using the April 2018 SCCM Package availiable on the Lenovo Downloads page for this, It all installs perfectly however I've noticed now with all three laptops the integrated camera is not working.

Windows is not detecting a camera is installed on the system.

Checking Device Manager, Integrated Camera is showing with a Yellow Warning Triangle when you try to update from Windows or from Location an error message is displayed 'The Install Class is not present or valid'

I've removed the drivers and manually installed again and same issue persists.

I've reinstalled USB Root Hub, No help.

I've Updates BIOS and ran all the latest updates

When Looking into Event Viewer i've noticed the class guid is showing as 00000 000000 0000 00000.

I'm not running an N version of windows, this is on a 64 Bit Windows 10 Pro 1703.

Any help greatly appreciated!!

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 1,200
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo E580 Integrated Camera Not Working Multiple Machines

Hello Eddie,

One of our engineers has informed me the reason you are seeing the bang is because you are installing RS2 (1703), the SCCM pack is for RS3.  The suggestion is to deploy 1709 as currently I don't know if 1703 is going to be supported on that system.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Mohsenaagh021
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 864
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo E580 Integrated Camera Not Working Multiple Machines

Hi

I can not use my camera.I have installed drivers.I did not upgrate bios and also I have not installed thinkvantage on my laptop. I have win10 version 1803 on my thinkpad e580 20ks . Integrated camera in device manager is working properly according to device status but I am faced with error while teseting camera with lenovo diagnostic. (error:Failed to load devices)

I dont know is it a hardware or software problem.

Any solution would be appreciated.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors