Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jm3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 531
Message 1 of 8

Lenovo E580 hangs on Lenovo logo when LAN connected to dock USB-C

Hi all,

Have many problems so far with E580 to make it work with USB-C dock station (40A9). Now where thought that everything works, the new problem appears. Powered off E580's attached to dock (connected devices to dock: VGA external monitor, mouse, keyboard, LAN and USB-C cable to E580). The problem is when I power on E580, it hangs on red Lenovo logo and nothing happens after few minutes of waiting.

My question is how to resolve this issue?

Should mention about:

- E580 has the latest bios version

- USB-C dosk has the latest special firmware for Ex80 series

- disabling wake on LAN in bios (both internal and dock) and removing it from boot order not helps to resolve the issue

- when LAN cable recconected from dock and connected directly to E580's ethernet port everything boot's up quicly

Thank you for your attention.

Social Support Agent
Social Support Agent
Views: 498
Message 2 of 8

Re: Lenovo E580 hangs on Lenovo logo when LAN connected to dock USB-C

Hi jm3! 

Welcome to the Lenovo forum discussion! 

Kindly disconnect the laptop first from the docking station, and open the Lenovo vantage app https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/solutions/ht505081?CID=ww:lenovosocial:20x9m6, then check for a system update. After installing all the update, test the laptop if it will boot up properly while the docking station is disconnected. After that, connect the docking station again and restart the laptop, then check if the issue will re-occur. Update us back with the outcome. 

Regards!

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow us @LenovoSupport on Facebook and Twitter!

jm3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 491
Message 3 of 8

Hi ChrisE_Lenovo,

All updates were installed for E580. There was only one update for USB 3.0 LAN dock driver. Unfortunately this update did not resolve the issue.

Update:

- this USB-C dock connected to T570 with LAN attached not affect the boot - everything works fine

I will most likely consider the bios settings or bios itself. The dock seems to be ok.

Bios version: R0PET55W (1.32)

Thank you for your help.

jm3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 428
Message 4 of 8

Will post here new updates:

Bios version: R0PET55W (1.33) - problem still not resolved

// Current (bad) solution:

To descibe my irritation let me tell that everytime I have to start this Lenovo E580 laptop at work I must first boot the laptop and than connect the dock to laptop's USB-C port. Another solution is to plug off LAN cable from dock and connect USB-C cable to laptop and after boot plug in LAN cable to dock.

//Thoughts

Why T-series don't have this problem?

Wonder if other Ex80 useres have the same problem?

Klozer
What's DOS?
Views: 409
Message 5 of 8

@Fanfold Paper I have the same issue using E580 with USB-C dock. The same behavoir as well - When I disconnect the LAN cable, the laptop boot all the way thru with no issues. Now I have to disconnet the LAN cable as a work around - weak sauce 

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 308
Message 6 of 8

All,

When the system hangs is this a permanent status or does it recover itself and continue with the boot process after some minutes, what is the longest period of time you have waited to date? It would also help if you could please post the full system MTM e.g. 20KS000ASC and post a photo of the display whilst experiencing the issue.

Thanks in advance

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Highlighted
jm3
Fanfold Paper
Views: 238
Message 7 of 8

Re: Lenovo E580 hangs on Lenovo logo when **bleep** connected to dock USB-C

Yes it seems too be permanent. The longest time I have waited was over 10 minutes. Nothing happend.

Product number is 20KTS0GQ00 - this is version without Radeon GPU.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 164
Message 8 of 8

Unfortunately we haven't been able to reproduce the issue at all, so what are we missing or what is different?

This is a long shot, but I've seen it cause issues, can you ensure that the LAN cable's RJ45 connector clicks into the dock correctly i.e. the plastic clip isn't broken or weak which is causing a poor / bad connection or, if you disconnect the other end of the cable from the switch / access point / router but leave it connected to the dock, what happens then please?

Also what is the nearest town to you please?

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors