Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonoftheboss
Paper Tape
Views: 380
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo Settings and Companion trouble

Since latest Windows 10 Update  Lenovo Setting, Companion and Windows Store won't start anymore.

tried different options, starting as Administrator i got the message, that this App is not allowed to start as Administrator, i should change the user account an try again. But as User the App won't start at all, even Windows Store is not reacting.

Any Suggestions?

Thanks in advance

sonoftheboss

vaibhavgumber
802.11n
Views: 340
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo Settings and Companion trouble

Clear Windows store cache

WSReset

• Press Windows key + R to open run box.
  • Type WSReset.exe and hit enter.

By doing this, all store cache and corrupt settings are reset and your Windows store shall open normally. This post details the Reset Windows Store cache feature.

Method 2. Try disabling any recently installed third-party anti-virus suite.

If you have recently installed a security suite on your system, that might be preventing Windows 10 App Store from working. So try disabling the anti-virus and then check if Windows Store starts working for you.

Method 3. Go Command Prompt mode

If Windows Store is still not working for you, click on Windows key + R (this will open Command Prompt). Type (or copy) and enter the following command as it is:

windows-store-cmd-1

powershell -ExecutionPolicy Unrestricted Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register $EnvSmiley FrustratedystemRoot\WinStore\AppxManifest.xml

Method 4. Use Microsoft’s troubleshooting tool

Go to Microsoft website and hit the Run button. Doing this will download a program on your computer. Install the program, this will allow Microsoft to check whether some preset values are correctly specified on your system. If not, Microsoft will change it for you.

Tap that Kudos Button if I helped.
If you find my post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! #Lenovo-NeverStandStill
Top Kudoed Authors