Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Juriyx
Paper Tape
Views: 660
Message 1 of 6

Lenovo ThinkPad E555 CPU throttling problem

Hello. My business partners have at least two Lenovo ThinkPad E555 laptops with the same problem: under high load (I run AIDA64 Stability Test and monitored CPU frequency with HWInfo) both laptops experience CPU throttling of A8-7100 chip - only 1.6 GHz per core (picture 1) though it should be up to 3 GHz. Also HWInfo shows high temperature of the CPU and even higher temperature of the CPU package (picture 2). Also I want to note that this problem was detected even in the notebookcheck test ("Temperature" section).

I think you know about such problem with this laptop model.
Why does it happen? Due to bad cooling system, thermal paste, or due to the flaw in software or firmware of the processor, which prematurely "tells" it to reduce the frequency? What can be done to fix this?

1.pngCPU cores frequency under load2.pngCPU temperature under load

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 614
Message 2 of 6

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad E555 CPU throttling problem

Hello Juriyx, welcome to the Community,

which operating system, BIOS version and also which power management driver are installed on the systems please; these are details which will help with trouble shooting.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Juriyx
Paper Tape
Views: 605
Message 3 of 6

Thank you, Andy.

Laptop #1

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 1607 x64 (14393.1358)
BIOS version: LENOVO HTET45WW (1.17), 16.07.2015
Power management driver:

Безымянный рисунок 2.png

Laptop #2 (I updated drivers and BIOS on it using Lenovo auto-update utility)

Operating system: Windows 10 Home 1703 x64 (15063.413)
BIOS version: LENOVO HTET50WW (1.22), 15.12.2016
Power management driver:

Безымянный рисунок 3.png

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 601
Message 4 of 6

Hi Juriyx,

On that system you should definitely update the BIOS, doing so will probably resolve the issue not to mention fixing a vulnerability issue and the issue you are describing looks possibly similar to an issue fixed in v1.18.

http://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e555/...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Juriyx
Paper Tape
Views: 593
Message 5 of 6

Thanks for your advice but updating the BIOS and Lenovo PM Device driver did not help.
Juriyx
Paper Tape
Views: 587
Message 6 of 6

Any other suggestions?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors