cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pcarnduff
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,294
Message 1 of 2

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 i5 Laptops with Windows 7 - Dead Laptop with Battery Problems

I purchased 4 of these for my company in December 2011 and today have had to arrange for the 3rd one to be returned to Lenovo with the same problem.  The battery stops charging and will not hold charge and will not run unless powered into ac supply. The laptop will then not power on at all, completely dead no lights / sounds etc and when returned the previous 2 they have replaced the motherboard and have had no problems since. Even though have had this problem with 2 of the others Lenovo Technical Support have still said have to return it at my expense which because of the data included on it have had to return special delivery costing £25 a time. They are returned withuin 7 days but think there may be a problem as this is a 75% failure rate.

Anybody else had this problem as is putting me off buying anymore?

lead_org Microsoft MVP Contributor
Microsoft MVP Contributor
Views: 1,288
Message 2 of 2

Re: Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E520 i5 Laptops with Windows 7 - Dead Laptop with Battery Problems

Since you got the machine In December then this maybe the case, as some batch of these machines were affected by the EEPROM issues.
Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Top Kudoed Authors