Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

2 Posts

07-30-2013

Danmark

7 Signins

49 Page Views

• Views: 49
  • Message 1 of 1

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E530 3259 Very slow at booting up.

2013-07-30, 12:15 PM

So I got the E530. I7 and win 8. 

But, if I am using the Normal "lenovo" install of the Win 8, it takes way to long to boot up, and be ready for use. And just when I am done booting up, I can see, that already 28% of memory is used up. Just for "clean" windows. We are talking 5 min, from I press the power button, ontil I can open Internet explore/chrome. (and even then, it have to think for 10 sek, to open it up. 

When I did a clean install of Window 8 (from clean MS disk I got for for my Desktop PC) It still takes around 5 min, before windows is loaded. But now I am down to around 15-18% of memory use. 

When I am installing program, and starting things up, it takes WAY to long. I have a laptop from HP, that is 6y old now, and is WAY faster at booting up windows 8, and other programs. 

Overall, for a laptop in this price range, I think its the worse laptop you can ever buy. It is something I would expect from a cheap end laptop, with Intel i3 with 500mb ram. (witch I think will be as fast as this one) 

Any ideas what can be the problem.  

I tried to use lenovo scanning tools, but they all came out clean with no problems found. 

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms