Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jd31
What's DOS?
Views: 281
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E550 256 GB SSD hibernate

Hello,

I just started using this laptop and I got a solid state drive because I wanted to have a much faster boot time and better overall performance.  When I shutdown and reboot I certainly see a big improvement relative to shutting down and rebooting my current laptop.  Unfortunately not so for hibernation.  If I hibernate the screen goes black and it seems as if the computer is off except for the flashing red dot in the bottom right hand corner that is part of the thinkpad logo is still flashing.for quite a while.

When you start it from hibernation it takes 50 to 60 seconds to get to the login screen and it takes longer at points that seem more awkward relative to the last computer I had.  Usually once you see a windows screen you expect that within 10 to 15 seconds you will have a login and after logging in within 5 seconds you will see the desktop.  All of the long pauses required to start from hibernation violate these expectations so it makes it see like forever.

This is far worse than my normal non SSD hard drive.  I heard it takes time for this to improve?  How much time?  When will this improve its terrible now I have just as well purchased a HDD.

~J

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors