cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brisky86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,364
Message 1 of 3

Lenovo Thinkpad E431 Wifi Card Upgrade for AC support?

Hello,

I am looking to upgrade the Wifi card that came with my E431. 

Currently I have the Intel Centrino N2230 and was considering upgrading to Intel 7260 wireless card.

I understand that Lenovo only allows whitelisted wifi cards to be used in their laptops and wanted to know if this was on the list and if not if there is a viavle alternative.

I have:

Windows 10

Intel Centrino N2230

BIOS: HEET48WW (version 1.29)

BIOS Date: 03/13/2015

Thanks in advance!

- Brian

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,354
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E431 Wifi Card Upgrade for AC support?

Hello and welcome,

Something to keep in mind about the whitelist:  a card must be a whitelisted model and have a Lenovo FRU.  A generic card - even if the model is listed - won't pass.

The FRU list is here:  https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/e431_fru_list_20130430.pdf

I don't think any of the listed cards are AC, but please double-check that.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Brisky86
Paper Tape
Views: 1,347
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E431 Wifi Card Upgrade for AC support?

Well I found the FRU list for my computer here.

https://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/e431_touch_fru_bom_20140505.pdf

However, I have no idea what wifi cards are what on the lists and as you said doubt that any have wireless AC support.

I know I am not the only one who wants this upgradde.

Someone must have done something to make an AC wifi card work...

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors