Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
azizi_shalbaf
Punch Card
Views: 3,319
Message 1 of 7

Lenovo Thinkpad E460 Battery Problem

Hi

I have bought a lenovo thinkpad e460 laptop about 5 months ago. 

According the specification battery design capacity is 47500 mWh. but after utilizing about 5 months and 64 cycling charge, I've Considered full charge capacity  have decreased to 35000 mWh during these months(decreased about 30%). after searching in lenovo support site  I found some drivers to update as Follow:

1-BIOS Update Utility

2-Lenovo Battery Firmware Update Utility for my laptop battery FRU sereial Number.

I updated my laptop with both of softwares. full charge capacity was corrected after updating battery firmware and it showed about 45000mWh.  

and then I performed battery gauge reset. unfortunately after completing the process, battery full charge capacity shows about 35000mWh again.

I think there is a problem in my laptop battery. I will appreciate somebody help me about resolving the problem.

azizi_shalbaf
Punch Card
Views: 3,226
Message 2 of 7

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E460 Battery Problem

I think the problem is come from battery firmware. and lenovo Co. should issue new Update for Battery firmware specially for battery pack with FRU part No.:45N1757
unfortunately i cant refer this issue to lenovo support because there is not lenovo support center in my country.
Guru
Views: 3,195
Message 3 of 7

Can you please attempt to update your battery firmware, let me know if this works. The ThinkPad E450 and E455 use the same battery.

Also report back if it restores battery performance.

Lenovo Battery Firmware Update (E450/E455)

Source: https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/Thinkpad-E455-Battery-Defect/m-p/334412...

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

azizi_shalbaf
Punch Card
Views: 3,187
Message 4 of 7

Hi
thank you very much for your attention, but i checked this link before. unfortunately it didn't work. I updated my laptop with with this firmware before. full charge capacity was corrected after updating battery firmware and it showed about 45000mWh.
and then I performed battery gauge reset. unfortunately after completing the process, battery full charge capacity shows about 35000mWh again.
Guru
Views: 3,185
Message 5 of 7

How long was this ago when you performed the battery gauge reset? Did you happen to do it again afterwards? Do you confirm the battery capacity is not restoring over time?

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Please read the Community Guidelines before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

Motorola   •IdeaPad   •ThinkPad   •Gaming   •ThinkCentre   •IdeaCentre   •Think Tablets   •Lenovo Tablets

Communities:    English English   Deutsche Deutsche    Español Español    Português Português    ru.gif Русскоязычное

azizi_shalbaf
Punch Card
Views: 3,178
Message 6 of 7

hi

exactly after installing mentioned firmware on 2016-06-09 battery capacity immidiately change to about 45 Wh, according to the instruction of firmware installation, without any lapse I did guage reset with LENOVO SETTING sotware. after reseting the guage, I saw battery capacity back to 35Wh. for confirmation I captured battery report and attached. indeed, I did it again several days later.

2016-07-01_22-38-32.png  

the software that i used for reseting guage was Lenovo setting software:

2.png

at the end i hpe you find a solution for my problem. because it is very important to me using full capacity of my laptop's battery. because i'm working in field.

for further information my old FRU No. was:45N1756 and after installing the firmware it shows the number 45N1757. when i reinstalled the firmware it shows follow message:

3.png

avik111191
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,854
Message 7 of 7

Thinkpad E460 battery draining fast form 76~70% to 7% in matter of minutes

I purchased this laptop 5 months back and now the battery is not even lasting  more than 1 and 1/2 hrs .

this is not expected from a new laptop specially a thinkpad .(thinkpads are supposed to be reliable my last thinkpad which is 10 years old is still giving at leas 45min battery back up )

I tried customer care but i realized the there standards droped to an all time low over the years .(trust me i been a thinkpad user for more than 10 years  and never did i encounter such an unresponsive pathetic customer service and support )

the key problem is that the battery drops from 76~70%  to 7%  in just matter of minutes(literally minutes ).

Kindly note the reference number: 8008245300

Question Reference # 161209-002200

I have evidences to prove this which i had already mailed to the support people .

this is full to 7 %

1. this is 93% at time 11:31 am:first_1.png
    2. this is when it reached to 7% at 1:05 pm  :   

Second_2.png

During  this time i did nothing at all it was just left simply idle .

Second set of evidence :

1. at 89% at 4:49pm83_at_4_49_pm.png

2. this is 78% at 5:08pm :  78_5_08_pm.png

3. this is 76% at 5:17pm: 

76_5_17_pm.png

4. this is 74% at 5:22pm :74_5_22_pm.png

5.  68 % at 5:42pm  :68_5_42pm.png

7 % at 5:55pm:

7_5_55pm.png

That all .

One can clearly see that it droped from 68% to 7% in just 13 minutes .

Its clear that there is some thing wrong with the battery .

Moderator note: post merged with existing thread.

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors