Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
walkawalker
Blue Screen Again
Views: 414
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo Thinkpad E470 Built In Mouse Key Sticking

Hi!

Recently I have been having issues with the clicker buttons above my trackpad (I'm not sure what the technical term for this is) staying depressed after use. For example, I will left click to open an email, and instead of popping back up, the key will stay stuck in. This has been causing me problems because then the computer acts as though I'm still clicking, so I have to be careful where I drag my mouse or I'll accidentally click something else just by moving my mouse over it. Eventually, the key appears to pop back up, but I can't figure out what causes it. Any suggestions on what might be wrong and/or how to fix this?

Thanks!

SeniorGuru
Views: 402
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad E470 Built In Mouse Key Sticking

Welcome to the forum.

This sounds like a mechanical problem. It could be the result of a liquid spill where something like sugar in the drink is causing the key to stick. Or it could be a keyboard defect.

If the E470 is under warranty and this isn't the result of user-inflicted damage like a spill, then contact Lenovo support for service.

What's DOS?
Views: 114
Message 3 of 4

I have this same issue. All I can find online is to blow out any dirt particles with compressed air, and make sure to click on the middle of the key. Unhappily, I almost couldn't click the "I have this problem too" button due to the sticky issue!

Highlighted
Kimmihef
What's DOS?
Views: 113
Message 4 of 4

No spill involved.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors