Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aburns
What's DOS?
Views: 1,138
Message 1 of 5

Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e Screen Blacks Out

I haven't seen any topics that seem to quite replicate the specific problem I have, so here I am.
Without warning, the screen of my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e tablet-notebook will turn black. It appears to be an "active" black rather than the screen turning wholly off. The rest of the computer is working normally during these times: audio carries on, keyboard and mouse input function, and nothing else seems to shut down or turn off. Keyboard, mouse, or touchscreen input causes the screen to return to normal briefly, but the only way to make it stop happening for sure is to restart the computer. I don't think it's connected to sleep functions, given that it happens while I'm actively using the computer.

I don't know exactly why this happens, but it usually happens after long periods of use. At least once it has happened within an hour or so of being turned on for the first time that day, but I had a great deal of Chrome tabs open and that may have been similarly taxing.

While this problem is not exactly disastrous, it is pretty annoying and well outside the acceptable boundaries of computer behavior, especially for a device I have had for only a few months. I would greatly appreciate help in rectifying this problem.

ChrisHistorian
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,073
Message 2 of 5

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e Screen Blacks Out/DistributedCOM issue?

I am also having this issue as well. I first noticed it maybe a week ago, but in the past couple of days it's gotten worse and has happened multiple times while I was in the middle of something. What does your Event Viwer show as the problem? Mine always says there's a system error with DistributedCOM as the source. I'm not sure how to fix this or even exactly what it means though. 

In possibly a related issue, in the past couple of days I've had multiple instances of my screen flickering at random times while working. The only way I've found to fix that is to use the power button to put the laptop into sleep mode. Once it goes into sleep mode I've been able to press the power button to get the lock screen to appear and resume work. Have you or anyone else had this problem as well? 

I've changed the sleep settings as much as I can but that doesn't seem to have fixed the problem. It'll even go to sleep while I'm in the middle of something with the power cord plugged in. 

dre2
What's DOS?
Views: 973
Message 3 of 5

Re: Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 11e Screen Blacks Out

We have been having the exact same problem you describe.

We own multiple Yoga 11e (about 8 of them), and have this issue on SEVERAL of the computers.

Were you able to find a solution to this?

paulmiller
Punch Card
Views: 916
Message 4 of 5

I am also in the same boat, and need to find a solution. Drivers are up to date. Will be checking event viewer to see what I can see.
melrod88
What's DOS?
Views: 153
Message 5 of 5

I think what you are talking about is screen blackout times? No matter how many times I set the sleep options, my laptop kept sleeping and going black evey 2 minutes. 

I found a solution! It's a Microsoft problem! 

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/windows-10-keeps-going-...

I was a little lost when it came to the power options (steps 7-9 below) so I included some screenshots to guide you

1. Click on the windows icon
2. Type regedit
3. Right-click on regedit icon, click Run as administrator
4. Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0
5. Double click on Attributes
6. Enter number 2.
7. Go to Advanced power settings (click on Windows button, write power options, click on Power Options, in the selected plan click on the Change plan settings, click on the Change advanced power settings).
8. Click on the Change settings that are currently unavailable
9. Click Sleep, then System unattended sleep timeout, then change these settings from 2 Minutes to 20 for example.

advanced.JPGsysten unttended.JPG

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors