Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sonnguyen
Paper Tape
Views: 149
Message 1 of 1

Lenovo e460 abruptly shutdown on replaced battery

Hi,

My battery was suddenly un recognized by the laptop as genuine and failed to boot a while ago, so I had to replace it but then there is this problem. The batery just randomly disconnect itself (battery goes to 0%) then reconnect again. Unluckily, all this happened after my waranty period ended.

On plugged in, it is no problem but on battery, the computer just shut down immediately. I asked where i purchased the battery and they told me the problem is with the software so I had to do a clean windows reinstall (formatting the whole CSmiley Very Happyrive). The problem was solved but then as soon as I reinstall Lenovo Vantage (for the battery threshold), it came back.

With that I knew the problem is the Lenono PM drivers. Then I tried to uninstall the driver but it keeps comming back. I also tried to do a clean windows reinstall but to no effect. Another thing is that when I put my laptop to sleep, the battery works normally without plugging in. Now, I had to disable the battery notification and plug in my laptop at all time.

I hope someone here can help me fix this problem, at least how to remove the PM driver for good. Thank you all!

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors