cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GGossens
Paper Tape
Views: 622
Message 1 of 12

Lenovo retriever does not come up with all the drivers for a Thinkpad E530c 3366.

Lenovo retriever does not come up with all the drivers for a Thinkpad E530c (3366).

The WIFI driver and several other dirvers are missing for Windows 7.

Is this a problem at my site or are the drives just not available for download by the retriever?

GGossens

DaunC
What's DOS?
Views: 588
Message 2 of 12

Betreff: Lenovo retriever does not come up with all the drivers for a Thinkpad E530c 3366.

Hello,

I had the same problem. After installing Windows 7 about 10 devices wern't detected.

WLAN was also not working. No driver/device found.

After several tries I contacted LENOVO support.

Solution:

1. Switch off Windows update immediately. It doen't work with lenovo drivers! --> So no more patches!

2. Install and run Lenovo update tool.

3. Install INTEL Wlan driver from lenovo website.

4. Install Hot Key patch for unsupported FN keys.

5. About 8 device are still not found! Google for: HT004905

This helps to identify the routcauses.

WLAN is now working.

GGossens
Paper Tape
Views: 573
Message 3 of 12

Betreff: Lenovo retriever does not come up with all the drivers for a Thinkpad E530c 3366.

Hi DaunC

Thanks for your answer but installing no Windows and Office patches anymore is no option for me.

I have my doubts that this can solve the problem because I am downloading drivers with the Lenovo Retriever and the drivers are missing in the Retriever database. At this point it does not matter how the destination laptop is configured.

Lenovo Staff
Lenovo Staff
Views: 559
Message 4 of 12

Sorry for the inconvenience.  I see that the Intel and Realtek packages are not in the catalog for E530c-Win7.  I have sent a request to our content team to find out what the issue is.  If there is another specific package your are not seeing that you think should be available in Update Retriever, please let me know which package(s) and I'll try to track them down.

alex5723
Broadband 3G
Views: 542
Message 5 of 12

What is the difference between TVUR and TVSU ?
GGossens
Paper Tape
Views: 535
Message 6 of 12

Hi Alex5723,

The lenovo updater downloads Lenovo updates from the Lenovo site and installs them directly on the Lenovo laptop/desktop.

The Lenovo Retriever downloads Lenovo updates from the Lenovo site and adds them to a local database. We then use the Lenovo ThinInstaller in our laptop/desktop installation procedure (SCCM) to get the updates from the local database and install them, fully automated on the laptop/desktop.

We just tested if the Lenovo Retriever finds more updates/packages for the Thinkpad E530c but it looks like we need patient.

Thank you for your efforts Parkerjnc.

alex5723
Broadband 3G
Views: 526
Message 7 of 12

Can I install and use TVUR on my Thinkpad E520 in place of TVSU ?

GGossens
Paper Tape
Views: 515
Message 8 of 12

Hi Alex5723,

Yes you can, but i would not do it.

For a single computer, the Lenovo updater is much easier to use. The Lenovo Retriever and Lenovo ThinInstaller do the same job but in two stages, there is more to configure, to get it running and you need to figure out the correct command line switches for your environment.

alex5723
Broadband 3G
Views: 510
Message 9 of 12

Thanks.

Highlighted
GGossens
Paper Tape
Views: 472
Message 10 of 12

Hi Parkerjnc,

Last Friday our Lenovo retriever was able to download a Realtek LAN driver and we tested it on a clean installed Thinkpad E530c 3366. The Realtek LAN driver seems to be OK but the Intel WIFI driver is still missing (h0we05ww.exe).

We could install the missing drivers manually but we got several Thinkpad’s of this type and therefore we would like to automate it.

There are some more drivers missing. See the device manager snapshot below.

The Lenovo Retriever fails to download an audio driver. See the Lenovo Retriever snapshot below.

Is there a manual for adding drivers to the Lenovo Retriever database manually?

Lenovo.jpg

Thanks for your efforts.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors