cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Artur_lang
Paper Tape
Views: 1,643
Message 1 of 4

Lenovo thinkpad Edge E540, stays in a black screen, after showing the logo, just before startup

My computer has been crashing a lot, which i think is a hardware issue, that is not for this post, but i right now, need assistance, after using my pc in the morning, turning it off, then when i come back, i turn it on, shows the logo, then a dark screen, forever, atleast how long i have waited. I have tried resetting bios, moving ram sticks, messing with BIOS, running hardware checks and software, startup repair says that the laptop boots up, and find no problems, but it doesnt let me do a windows memory diagnostic, i may provide extra information if needed, and i do not know if any more is required, and please do help me, i cannot do anything on my pc until it is fixed

Artur_lang
Paper Tape
Views: 1,631
Message 2 of 4

Re: Lenovo thinkpad Edge E540, stays in a black screen, after showing the logo, just before startup

Also, when its in that state, all of the computer is on, too is the display, the laptop isnt just giving it anything to display, its just black.

Bosshoss68
What's DOS?
Views: 1,609
Message 3 of 4

Re: Lenovo thinkpad Edge E540, stays in a black screen, after showing the logo, just before startup

I've been having this same problem for a couple weeks.  I've managed to work around it by plugging the notebook into AC power just for bootup.  I was also able to get it to come to life by fiddling with the F10 (screen output) key once when I didn't have the cord handy.  A real fix would be pretty nice though since mine does the black screen thing anytime after it sleeps, hibernates, screen locks in tab mode, or shuts down.  

slobo972
What's DOS?
Views: 1,156
Message 4 of 4

I've found that all you need to do is reboot the computer. Of course that is exceedingly difficult with the backlight of the display not working. So I have to either attach an external display, then shutdown. Or, I hold a light right up to the screen to be able to see the mouse pointer somewhat (to find the mouse pointer move it to a corner), then shutdown the computer. The next time I turn it on the backlight works again as normal.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors