Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Message 1 of 3 (392 Views)

Lenovo update message

Own a Thinkpad E550 for a few weeks now. OS is windows 10. When I start up I always get a screen with a Lenovo update invitation. It is always the same update text. I do not understand why the message, although I accept the update, comes back and again. By checking the laptop I cannot find any (previous) similair Lenove updates.

Can someone explain this to me please. 

text: ...a10ba61c75c82d_0001.0005_a24dod71655ed94\lsb.exe

Fanfold Paper
Message 2 of 3 (331 Views)

Re: Lenovo update message

[ Edited ]

I just updated one of my machines to W10 from W7.  When looking for one driver on the lenovo site I ran a EXE called service bridge that would intentify my PC and the drivers it needed that W10 did not find.  All worked well except the service bridge keep running at startup with the pop up to install. 

Solution is to go to uninstall programs in W10 and uninstall the service bridge program.

Also a big thanks for Lenovo for replying to this issue they caused.  I'll say it as it is.

Moderator comment: Post edited to conform with the Community Rules. Keep it clean.

Fanfold Paper
Message 3 of 3 (321 Views)

Re: Lenovo update message

[ Edited ]

Sorry I did not keep my post clean. But in all honesty I've never got any support from this site. Even had some of the original update files that Lenovo would send to my X230 that would kill the wifi. Lots of people verified the issue and I tried to get Lenovo to take the offending file off their server. Pretty decent Hardware but as far as support your on your own. Or you may get lucky and get somebody like me to post a solution. And the above post does fix the issue 100 percent.

Top kudoed Authors