cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Dan_W
Fanfold Paper
Views: 12,227
Message 1 of 3

Lock and unlock the touchpad via keyboard shortcuts?

Fortunately, I am not experiencing the problems described by other users on this forum with the touchpad on my new AMD edge13.

That said, the touchpad doesn't consistently pick up my finger movements, despite trying various sensitivity settings. This causes alot of frustration. That said, overall, I'm happy with my purchase.

One great improvement would be the ability to lock the touchpad during the times I'm typing on the keyboard. The touchpad setting that allows accidental palm strokes to not-be-picked-up doesn't work well at all. The cursor is constantly causing problems while I'm typing.

Can anyone advise if it's already possible to lock and unlock the touchpad via a keyboard shortcut, and if not, can this be added to future functionality? It would be a significant improvement.

jafarsadiquemi
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Views: 12,023
Message 2 of 3

Re: Lock and unlock the touchpad via keyboard shortcuts?

It's quite hard to get any support from this forum......... Anyway I'd like to support anyone as possible as I can.

Although I don't know any keyboard shortcut for that, there's another option. from control panel go to mouse properties. Under the Ultranav tab, check "Show Ultranav icon on the system tray". Than you can find the related icon in the task bar on your desktop with options to disable touchpad and trackpoint with a single click.

Hope this will help. I had to find out this myself.....

demetra1967
What's DOS?
Views: 8,940
Message 3 of 3

Re: Lock and unlock the touchpad via keyboard shortcuts?

Hello,

I have an old LENOVO N 500, and the touch pad (mouse) is somehow locked, i.e. the blue light is on, and cannot move, therefor I have installed an optical mouse in order to work.  How do I unlock ? 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors