Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
georgesgiralt
Token Ring
Views: 1,165
Message 1 of 3

Looking for E540 (AILE2 NM161) mainboard schematics

Hello,

15 days after the end of my extended warranty period, my laptop suddenly stopped working.

Battery is good and charger gives the correct voltage.

So I suspect something is wrong with the mainboard near the power supply circuitry.

I would be delighted to get a schematics as the "new" mainboard is around 400 € .....

Many thanks in advance for your help and advice.

Regards.

CrokeSmack
Paper Tape
Views: 1,037
Message 2 of 3

Re: Looking for E540 (AILE2 NM161) mainboard schematics

Really late to replying to you but I had the same issue and spent the last couple of days looking for it and this is the first site to come up when you search for the schematics. Here is the link to the schematic pdf I found (This automatically downloads a 2.5mb pdf) http://13099392.s21d-13.faiusrd.com/0/ABUIABA9GAAg5pHKzAUo_uST7AM?f=Lenovo+E540++NM-A161.pdf&v=15027...

And heres a google drive link 

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1czViVSeefD8EjN_xeEkyfW1FVYl3OFj9/view?usp=sharing

You'll notice that some pages have the e440 title. I'm fairly certain the e540 and e440 are extremely similar in build. If your computer is completely bricked I'm fairly certain its the power board thats connected via some flex cables (aile2 ns-a161). I ordered a replacement and am going to put it in mine and will update this thread if/when I put it in. 

georgesgiralt
Token Ring
Views: 1,028
Message 3 of 3

Re: Looking for E540 (AILE2 NM161) mainboard schematics

Thank you for the PDF file.

I'll look it with great attention.

I tried to change the small power board but it changed nothing.

As the MB does not power up even with a charged battery, I suspect it is something aroung the battery connection which has fried.

But I can't trouble shoot it without the schematics.

I bought a second hand MB from China some time ago. It ran flawlessly for month but now, i've lost the Webcam and the bluetooth device disapears sometimes... So beware if you buya second hand one. These boards are very fragile mechanically.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors