Welcome to our peer-to-peer forums, where owners help owners. Need help now? Visit eSupport here.

English Community

ThinkPad NotebooksThinkPad: 11e (Windows), 13, E and Edge series Laptops
All Forum Topics
Options

4 Posts

03-09-2015

sweden

6 Signins

111 Page Views

• Views: 111
  • Message 1 of 4

Loud Beep entering bios / selecting bootdevice - annoyance

2015-03-09, 17:27 PM

PLEASE- remove or at least give us option to SHUT DOWN the insane loud beep whenever entering bios or boot menu!

Extremely problematic when @ library / school - its very very LOUD- plz for next bios

// E540 , 4702mq  Bios 2.17

// T540p 4700mq  Bios 2.17

dead: t420

Options

2426 Posts

08-11-2014

India

1941 Signins

27001 Page Views

• Views: 27001
  • Message 2 of 4

Re: Loud Beep entering bios / selecting bootdevice - annoyance

2015-03-13, 9:04 AM

Hi Capslocked,

Welcome to Lenovo Community!

As per the query we understood that you are facing issue with loud beep sound in your laptop.

As you have mentioned that there is a beep sound while entering BIOS, as this looks like it is a stuck key error.

Try to remove the battery and adapter try to tap on all the keys and now connect the adapter and check for the issue.

Hope this helps. Do post back if issue persists!

Best regards,       

Ashwin.S

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Options

1 Posts

03-29-2015

United States

1 Signins

2 Page Views

• Views: 2
  • Message 3 of 4

2019-05-13, 21:47 PM

I just had the same problem. When booting, the Lenovo screen appears that says "Press Enter to interrupt normal startup.", and pressing enter causes a VERY loud beep. It's disruptive in class, at work -- pretty much wherever I am, and I need to boot off of flash drives quite frequently.

Anyway, I figured out that if you mute your laptop speakers while the "Press Enter to interrupt normal startup" screen is visible using the mute function key on your keyboard, that will prevent the absurdly loud beep. Unfortunately, I cannot figure out how to make the speakers be muted by default when starting up, so you have to mute them every time you enter BIOS or choose a boot device.

Options

73 Posts

10-20-2018

Canada

367 Signins

1237 Page Views

• Views: 1237
  • Message 4 of 4

2019-05-14, 3:23 AM

I don't know if this will be the same for you, but on my E585, when sound is muted in Windows before a reboot, even the boot setup beep is muted.

Forum Home

Community Guidelines

Please review our Guidelines before posting.

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Go Shop
X

Save

X

Delete

X

No, I don’t want to share ideas Yes, I agree to these terms