Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gypsylea
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,822
Message 1 of 6

Memory upgrade Thinkpad Yoga 11e Windows 8.1

The current configuration of my system (as bought) is 4Gb RAM.  According to the specifictions, it is upgradable to 8Gb.  I had a conversation with Sales Support via Chat trying to find the correct part number for 8Gb memory to replace the 4Gb.  I was told that as my system is still under warranty, I would need to contact Technical Support for this to happen.  Having done a number of searches on this forum, would I be right in suspecting that the existing 4Gb is soldered in to place - hence the need for a Warranty call to upgrade.  I was advised that any attempt to make the change myself would void the warranty.

Any thoughts please.

Guru
Views: 11,777
Message 2 of 6

Re: Memory upgrade Thinkpad Yoga 11e Windows 8.1

http://thinkpads.com/support/hmm/hmm_pdf/tp_11e_yoga11e_hmm_en_sp40f29949.pdf

This seems to say there's one stick of socketed RAM.

The bottom cover and the memory module are both marked as "optional-service CRU", so you won't really void warranty by replacing it yourself.

The required RAM specification is this: PC3-12800 DDR3L SDRAM 1600MHz SODIMM. Just find an 8GB stick with those specs.

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
gypsylea
Blue Screen Again
Views: 11,744
Message 3 of 6

Many thanks for your help.  I have not purchased this item from Lenovo, due to the pricing!  When converted into AUD it's a bit on the high side for me at the moment.  I will however try and find another, local supplier.

Thanks again

JEBB
Paper Tape
Views: 11,214
Message 4 of 6

If you haven't bought one yet, you should see if refurbished models are available directly from Lenovo. I just bought one from the Lenovo refurb online store for a very good price. I'm in the US. It came with Windows 8.1 but, after running all the updates, I was able to install Windows 10. So far I'm pleased.
stephen714
What's DOS?
Views: 7,608
Message 5 of 6

But how do you replace this RAM? I bought the correct RAM but the picture here on Lenovo is incomplete and there is a link to see the bottom cover and of course as is usual here, the link does not work. Tech support is useless and knows less than I do. Do I really have to take this to a repair shop to replace RAM that is a simple matter on any other laptop I've ever seen?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 7,585
Message 6 of 6

The link that   provided is working OK for me.  What link are you referring to?

Z

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Türkçe    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors