Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frihet
What's DOS?
Views: 13,527
Message 1 of 6

Microphone/Headset Jack

Is there an adapter to permit one to use an existing Plantronics headset/mic with two plugs? If so, where might one find it? Thanks!
Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 13,506
Message 2 of 6

Re: Microphone/Headset Jack

Hi Frihet, and welcome to the Lenovo User Community!

There are some alternatives mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/T400-T500-and-newer-T-series/T510-combo-mic-audio-port-usage/m-p/223890

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
leeh97
Paper Tape
Views: 13,284
Message 3 of 6

Hi B-man

Where is the mic located in the Thinkpad Edge 13? I could not find it in the user guide.

it helps to let users know since we need to talk into it and be near it.

Leighton
Serial Port
Views: 13,263
Message 4 of 6

Hi,

Mic is located at the bottom left by the Fn key. on the keyboard.

Many Thanks,

Leighton

JCvO
Fanfold Paper
Views: 13,090
Message 5 of 6

How does the Audio system detect when this external input is  used and the internal microphone has to be muted?  When I connect the 4-pole plug the internal mike just stays open.

I have  a cable splitter using a 4 pole 3.5mm  jack  wired out to 2 x 3.5mm 3-pole plugs.

I connected  the Audio out R to the tip  and Audio out L to the first ring  just like a normal 3 pole 3.5mm for a headset Left - right and ground.  Then I think the extra ring must be the micrphone that seems logical to me.

But it does not seem to pick up the input over this 4pole cable.

I want to be able to connect external signals sources to the audio input  is there any special thing to this cable splitter except for the special 4 pole 3.5m jack?

z3019494
Punch Card
Views: 3,983
Message 6 of 6

@JCvO wrote:

How does the Audio system detect when this external input is  used and the internal microphone has to be muted?  When I connect the 4-pole plug the internal mike just stays open.

I have  a cable splitter using a 4 pole 3.5mm  jack  wired out to 2 x 3.5mm 3-pole plugs.

I connected  the Audio out R to the tip  and Audio out L to the first ring  just like a normal 3 pole 3.5mm for a headset Left - right and ground.  Then I think the extra ring must be the micrphone that seems logical to me.

But it does not seem to pick up the input over this 4pole cable.

I want to be able to connect external signals sources to the audio input  is there any special thing to this cable splitter except for the special 4 pole 3.5m jack?

I have exactly the same problem. I have the splitter, but it seems the only way for the line-in/mic to work properly is to plug it in, reboot/turn on the machine, and then record.

If it's not plugged in before it's rebooted, the mic/line-in won't work! Smiley Sad

I have exa

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors