Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChaserChick87
Paper Tape
Views: 371
Message 1 of 2

Missing Drivers for ThinkPad EDGE E520

About a week and a half ago, my laptop got its first ever virus since owning it for 5 years.

So, I wiped it using a handy dandy data destruction software.  Got everything set back up, but now...none of my video editing software will work.  I think its a driver issue - i know i am missing at least a few of them since wiping.

But i do not know which ones specifically i am missing.  Is there a way i can pull up a list of all the drivers i currently have, PLUS the ones i still need?

Like, my aspect ratio.  Its in proportion, somewhat.  Its just a tad bit...stretched.  I use to know how to fix that, but now, for the life of me, i can not remember how to do it.

I know i need a new computer, but i dont have the funds right now to get one.  Plus, this one suits me just fine.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 367
Message 2 of 2

Re: Missing Drivers for ThinkPad EDGE E520

Hello and welcome,

If you haven't already, install and run ThinkVantage System Update.  It should offer to download and install the drivers appropriate to your machine.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/Laptops-and-netbooks/ThinkPad-Edge-laptops/ThinkPad-Edge-E5...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Moto English

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors