Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samuelroser
Paper Tape
Views: 2,104
Message 1 of 7

Mobile Broadband E530 3259-HJG Windows 7 Professional

I'm desperately looking for a way to install the mobile broadband for SIM card which i already have stuck into the back slot. Device Manager always just shows 2 Micrisift virtual wiFi adapters under Network Adapters amongst the intel and Bluetooth adapters which btw function perfectly. I tried installing ericsson driver and Sierra driver but none work. Also when using the network shortcut key it doesn't even show me the WAN option. 

Please help

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,097
Message 2 of 7

Re: Mobile Broadband E530 3259-HJG Windows 7 Professional

Hello and welcome,

I don't know the details of your machine, sorry.  Have you actually installed the mobile broadband card?  I mean the electronic module (mini PCIe), not just the SIM.

The way I read the specifications for your machine, it may be upgradeable to mobile broadband, but it is not included in the factory configuration.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

samuelroser
Paper Tape
Views: 2,091
Message 3 of 7

Actually i had an EDGE E520 beforehand and all i did was stick in the SIM card and it worked. I assumed that would be the same here as the Slot is there and there was no mention of the need to intall an extra PCIe Card. What kind of specs should i give you?
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,083
Message 4 of 7

If the on-line specifications are correct, your E530 does not have a WWAN card installed.

I've pasted the specs for your machine below, and those for an E520 that does come with mobile broadband.

You can check your specifications by clicking SUPPORT above, then enter 3259-HJG in Quick Path on the right.

Z.

E530  3259-HJG:

i5-3210M(2.50GHz),4GB RAM,500GB 7200rpm HD,15.6in 1600x900 LCD,2GB NVIDIA GeForce GT630M,CDRW/DVDRW,Intel 802.11bgn wireless,Bluetooth,1Gb Ethernet,UltraNav,Fingerprint reader,Camera,6c Li-Ion,Win7 Pro 64

E520  1143-H5M:

i5-2450M(2.5GHz),4GB RAM,500GB 7200rpm HD,15.6in 1366x768 LCD,Intel HD Graphics,CDRW/DVDRW,802.11bgn wireless,WWAN,Bluetooth,1Gb Ethernet,UltraNav,Camera,6c Li-Ion,Win7 Pro 64

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

samuelroser
Paper Tape
Views: 2,080
Message 5 of 7

thank you for your explanation, however i've been looking online and cannt find the mini PCIe card you are referring to? I'll accept your answer as solution though
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,076
Message 6 of 7

I don't find a suitable card either in a quick search.  Hopefully someone else will join the conversation with a suggestion.

A couple of things to keep in mind:  verify that your laptop is WWAN upgradeable.  That is, there's a SIM slot (which you've verified) and that the antennas are already installed and available for attaching to the WWAN card.

There may also be a requirement that the WWAN card has a Lenovo FRU number on it.  There may be a BIOS whitelist.

I'm not familiar with mobile broadband cards for Lenovo, so I can't say for sure there's a whitelist.  There typically is for wifi.

I apologize for being so vague about this, but I want to warn you of possible considerations.

Z.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 2,073
Message 7 of 7

This may be helpful.  Here's the Parts Database Listing for the E530.  It does include a WWAN card and FRU:

http://download.lenovo.com/parts/ThinkPad/E530_FRU_BOM_V2.pdf

Z.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors