Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
yiri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,371
Message 1 of 3

Mobile Broadband on Windows 8

So Windows 8 doesn't work on my Edge E530 with the Ericsson mobile broadband. At all. There are no drivers listed under the Windows 8 option in the Drivers section. The Windows 7 drivers worked for W8 RTM Preview, but they don't work for W8 Pro as released. There is a bug in the "Known Issues for Windows 8" concerning enabling mobile broadband in the BIOS, but I checked and there's no option for that. Lenovo Mobile Broadband Activation says there's no supported wireless drivers, the Ericsson drivers install without errors and my drivers screen looks like this. 

Drivers.png

I'm just so darn tired of this computer costing me money and time to fix.

"Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent – thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman, and loves only a warrior." - Friedrich Nietzsche
yiri
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,326
Message 2 of 3

Re: Mobile Broadband on Windows 8

Well, tried all the beta drivers etc. Nil effect.

I really do think that it is important that Lenovo support released versions of Windows, it is quite important.

"Brave, unconcerned, mocking, violent – thus wisdom wants us: she is a woman, and loves only a warrior." - Friedrich Nietzsche
marcbollinger
Fanfold Paper
Views: 3,294
Message 3 of 3

Re: Mobile Broadband on Windows 8

I'm having this same issue with the Lenovo Twist that came with Windows 8 - always nice to have a MISSING driver on a new PC Smiley Happy

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors