cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrE7
What's DOS?
Views: 1,510
Message 1 of 2

My laptop display screen has suddenly gone black- how can I fix this? Thinkpad E470

Hey everyone. I have a Lenovo Thinkpad E470 and the screen suddenly went black. The computer is still viable because when I connect to an external monitor it works. However, I cannot get the display to work. I have noticed that the screen has had strange behavior in the past- it would briefly go black when plugging in a power source on occasion (albeit rarely), and if the battery was low, the screen would go black and even if I plugged it in, the screen sometimes remained unresponsive until I reset the computer. But restarting the computer always nullified the issue. I always figured maybe it was a loose connection or something but the black screen seems to be something others have encountered as well, so I'm not sure what the problem is. Today, I was in the midst of using the laptop when the screen suddenly went black (I don't recall it ever going black in the middle of use while plugged in). I have been unable to return functionality.

I have noticed that other people seem to have had similar problems with this model, so I am wondering if there has been any solution that's been discovered. Unfortunately, this model does not have a pop-out removeable battery, so I can't remove the battery and drain the energy for a reset, but I did let the battery run down as much as possible (the green light would come on for half a second but other than that, the power was dead). This unfortuately did not solve the issue.

If there is any insight that can be shared, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Highlighted
StritziPower
What's DOS?
Views: 815
Message 2 of 2

Re: My laptop display screen has suddenly gone black- how can I fix this? Thinkpad E470

I had the same problem, but i fixed it bu downloading the CRU (Custom Resolution Utilty). When it's done downloading open the folder or rar/zip file and there will be 4 files:

1 CRU, for creating the custom resolutions

2 reset-all, use this only when you want to start with the base resolutions

3 restart, this is for any 32-bit system, this will restart al graphics drivers, ps when you use this and the screen stays black press f8 for recovery mode

4 restart64, this is for any 64-bit system, this will restart al graphics drivers, ps when you use this and the screen stays black press f8 for recovery mode

Solution:

First off, if you haven't, read the text above this one. If you're done proceed.

Double click the restart.exe file, if you have a 32bit system use "restart", if you have a 64bit system use "restart64". This wil restart all graphics drivers, this should fix your problem.

I hope this fixes your problem! Good luck.

And we're back...

Move delayed but still coming

Learn More

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors