cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xaviercallejas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 2,033
Message 1 of 3

New Thinkpad Edge E430 came with a Windows user and cannot login (who is 'obe' ???)

Hi,

I recently bought some Thinkpad EDGE E430 and E530 for my company. But one of them, at the first boot, instead of showing the first time Windows setup wizard it booted to Windows login with an already defined user named 'obe' and it ask for a password.

I can't enter to Windows.

I have tried to make 'factory settings' for resintalling Windows but the System Recovery Options always ask me for the password of 'obe' user. I called Lenovo support and the agent told me to use another E430 to produce a recovery DVD, so I made it (because I bought more E430 in the same order), but is the same, always asking for the password.

Please see the picture.

I need to give the laptop to one of my employees, he is goint to travel this next weekend and he need to take this laptop to the trip.

asking for the password of 'obe' user

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 2,027
Message 2 of 3

Re: New Thinkpad Edge E430 came with a Windows user and cannot login (who is 'obe' ???)

welcome to the community.

press F1 when the first splash screen appears to get into bios. make sure that the cd/dvd drive is listed first in the boot order (or usb cd/dvd, if your machine doesn't have an internal). then put the recovery dvd in the drive and reboot the machine. it should load the recovery process from the dvd, rather than any hdd partition, and allow you to recover/reimage the machine.

please post back if this doesn't work or if you have further ?s.

cheers.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

xaviercallejas
Blue Screen Again
Views: 1,971
Message 3 of 3

Re: New Thinkpad Edge E430 came with a Windows user and cannot login (who is 'obe' ???)

The recover wizard is run from de DVD, but after, apparantly, "repair" it reboot to Windows but it ask for 'obe' user password again.

Please see some photoghraps of the recovery dvd wizar, I choose restore factory settings:

Link to picture

Link to picture

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors