Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chungdh
Paper Tape
Views: 172
Message 1 of 2

No Wifi since upgrading to Windows 8 on Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E545

I owne a Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E545. I came running Windows 7. It caught a virus and became unusable. The box came with Windows 8 Pro (but not Windows 7, for some reason). So I did a clean install. But now, the comptuer has no Wifi! It only looks for a hardwired ethernet cord. It's like Windows 8 Pro doesn't know this laptop has a wireless for internet connectivity! I have exhausted my patience and it has been a very frustrating experience. I would really appreciate some sage advice from more technically adept folks on how to solve this problem. Thank you!!!!

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 157
Message 2 of 2

Re: No Wifi since upgrading to Windows 8 on Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E545

Hello and welcome,

I'd install and run ThinkVantage System Update and let it install the appropriate Lenovo drivers for your machine.  See if that fixes things.

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-edge-e5...

Z

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors