Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wannabeartist
Paper Tape
Views: 604
Message 1 of 3

Performance issues - Edge 15

Hello,

I just bought an Edge 15. I must say that right now I'm not too happy with it's performance.

The biggest issue is that some (relatively small) Windows programs take ages to load. For example if I right click on the desktop and choose Gadgets it will take around a minute to load! Same is true for launching Device manager from Control Panel -> System.

I'm also a little surprised that after startup I already have 30% of memory used. That's 30% of 4 Gigs.

I have already installed all Windows and Lenovo updates.

I chose this laptop with performance as my top criteria and tought that the Core i5 and 4 gb of memory would be more than enough and yet things seem very slow, even compared to my old computer.

I'm sorry for such a rant post, but does anyone else have these issues? I'd appreciate comments on this, so I could judge if this laptop is actually malfunctioning and should be returned.

Thanks!

lesltan
Paper Tape
Views: 581
Message 2 of 3

Re: Performance issues - Edge 15

Hi,

I owned Edge 13, Intel,2gb and 7200K HD. And to be honest I am amaze with the performace, I am doing lots of heavy software development, like installing database, virtual machine and the speed everything is beyond expectation. I may suggest you run some kind of benchmarking testing tool to make sure there is no hardware failure.

Good luck...

Cheers..

wannabeartist
Paper Tape
Views: 573
Message 3 of 3

Re: Performance issues - Edge 15

Thanks for the reply,

I think I found the problem. I've been using Comodo firewall for couple of years in all my computers and been happy with that. I installed it on this machine as well and in the process of tracking down the problem I uninstalled it. The performance increase was incredible!

It's a mystery to me why the firewall was misbehaving, but for now things seem a lot faster. The programs I mentioned in the first post now open really fast, as they should.

I ran Cinebench R11.5 on this laptop and scored 2.03 (cpu), I suppose that's fairly decent. In fact I think it wasn't even affected by the firewall-problem, programs only opened really, really slow.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors