cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ksing
Paper Tape
Views: 804
Message 1 of 3

RAM added to ThinkPad Edge E520 not showing in system properties?

Hi

I installed Corsair 4GB PC10666 1333mhz DDR3 SODIMM into my ThinkPad Edge E520 (model1143-3FU) but it isn't showing up in the system properties.  The machine is running Windows 7 Prof 64 bit and the specs show 8GB as the max memory supported so I am not sure what the deal is. 

Has anyone had this issue?  Any thoughts about how to fix it?

Thanks

murak
Blue Screen Again
Views: 773
Message 2 of 3

Re: RAM added to ThinkPad Edge E520 not showing in system properties?

You might have to buy a 8gb kit with two 4gb sticks for it to work. Some memory modules just dont play well together, eventhough they are of the same brand. if you buy a kit they are tested to work together. That might not mean that it will work for your machine though. A quick call to Lenovo suport might get you in the right direction.

GL!

Lenovo Thinkpad X230 - 3.3Ghz i5 - 16Gb ram - 240Gb Sandisk Extreme II ssd - crunchbang linux and win7
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 766
Message 3 of 3

Re: RAM added to ThinkPad Edge E520 not showing in system properties?

Corsair has a bad reputation around here for not working properly with ThinkPads.

Not saying that's the problem here, but it certainly could be.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors