Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
wboolvic
Serial Port
Views: 276
Message 1 of 1

Reduced scrolling functions on new touchpad

The quality and functionality of the Lenovo Thinkpad touchpad is deteriorating over time.

My ThinkPad E440 has an Alps driver and provides the option of 1-finger (side) scrolling as well as Chiran-motion (circular motion) scrolling.  My ThinkPad E520 (now deceased) had similar.  My E560 only had 1-finger scrolling.  My new E580 does not even have 1-finger scrolling.

All machines have 2-finger scrolling.  Whereas the older machines have good range on this scrolling, the new E580 only moves a small amount for a 2-finger downward swipe.  On the E560 a 2-finger downward scroll for the full depth of the touchpad takes the scroll bar half way down the screen, whereas on the E580 the scroll bar moved down about 1cm (for the same application using the same file).

I have tried to download drivers from Synaptics.  Not possible.  Synaptics want you to use OEM.  It seems that the functional attributes of the Lenovo machines using Synaptics touchpads are being compromised by generic Microsoft drivers.  Shame!

Has anyone got any advice on this?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors