Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kka
Paper Tape
Views: 306
Message 1 of 1

Rescue and Recovery and a new hard drive -- no partitions

I have a Thinkpad Edge 15 and the hard drive is failing.  I took a complete back up using Rescue and Recovery to an external hard drive and that was successful.  I also have the rescue media created via rescue and recovery.  I removed the old hard drive and installed the new one.

I can boot to the media and rescue and recovery launches and recognizes the external hard drive and I can see the restore point.  When I try to restore it, it says "Configuration in progress" and then I get an error that says "One or more partitions could not be restored because the partition does not exist."

No, I didn't partition the new hard drive -- I just removed the old one and put in the new and I don't know how to accomplish that from R&R.  I expected R&R to ask me if I wanted to partition it the same way the backup was partitioned, but it didn't and I couldn't find an option in there to do so.  If I go into Advanced R&R, the hard drive shows 0.00 available space which I believe is expected if it's not partitioned, but also has me worried that the drive is either bad or incompatible or I don't have drivers (which is likely, too).

So, what did I do wrong?  How do I get this hard drive partitioned?  Like I said, I had expected an option in R&R and now I am at a loss.

The new HDD is a Seagate -- 1 TB SATA with 8MB Cache and 5400 RPM.

Laptop:  Thinkpad Edge 15

Thanks in advance. 

Karla

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors