Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
krag
What's DOS?
Views: 1,022
Message 1 of 4

Resolution / screen not quite right

Hi,

Just unpacked my new Thinkpad edge (AMD, ATI graphics card) and I'm not too impressed with the screen. It's ok but it seems like there's very faint lines making up the screen, not really noticeable but it doesn't look as sharp as it should.

I've tried playing with the cleartype settings but that doesn't seemed to have helped.

Any ideas or has anyone else come across this?

Thanks,

Craig.

SuperMod
SuperMod
Views: 979
Message 2 of 4

Re: Resolution / screen not quite right

welcome to the forum!

i'm using an Edge right now and can see faint vertical lines if i look close enough.   sharpness seems to be slightly affected as a result but i don't find it distracting in any way.   i've had this Edge for about six weeks and never gave it much thought until i saw your post.

ThinkStation P700      ThinkPad X1C7

krag
What's DOS?
Views: 968
Message 3 of 4

Thanks for the reply, glad I'm not the only one. I've been using it for a day and I'm getting used to it now, think it was just a big difference from the Acer screen I was using.

I presume it's by design then not a fault if you've got it too.

xgomez91
Paper Tape
Views: 534
Message 4 of 4

Hey guys I just bought a thinkpad edge 13, not to happy with the graphic card on it either just wondering if im able to change the graphic card or just install one over it. and  witch one are compatable for the lenovo 13 inch with amd processor.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors