Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gaurav1083
Paper Tape
Views: 22,133
Message 1 of 3

Restore and Recovery for Lenovo thinkpad Edge 14

Hello All,

I have an issue in restoring my laptop to factory settings.

- I tried pressing F11 and goes to option to restore to factory settings. But when i click it it gives me a message that "Please restart your computer to open the recovery mode. Restart the system now?" when I press ok it just turn on the laptop and nothing happens.

- I tried pressing F8 and when i go to Repair my Computer option it just loads windows and turn on the laptop

- I have created the recovery disc but that is also not helping me to restore my laptop.

Someone please assist.

Thank you -

Gaurav

Retired Partner
Views: 22,048
Message 2 of 3

Re: Restore and Recovery for Lenovo thinkpad Edge 14

Hello Gaurav,

The recovery from hard disk is not working as hard disk partition is modified. In this scenario the recovery can be done from recovery disc.

Please boot the system with recovery disc 1 and check. If you get any error message then please share the message.

Best regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

maharshi17tm
What's DOS?
Views: 15,594
Message 3 of 3

Re: Restore and Recovery for Lenovo thinkpad Edge 14

I am facing the same Problem in my Edge-14. I tried to following link for the factory reset but after step-11 its giving the same error metioned above. It keeps on asking to boot from receovery disc even if it boots from it http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/detail.page?LegacyDocID=MIGR-70803

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors