Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Helder
Punch Card
Views: 2,003
Message 1 of 8

Returning my Thinkpad E520, serious screen problems

After using my Lenovo Thinkpad E520 laptop for three, four months, I encountered serious screen problems, not caused by my own use. I protect my laptop, with a special Caselogic Laptopbag + a laptop sleeve + a screen protector from crumpler. I think something is wrong with the building quality of mine laptop because I see a serious scratch and strange spots on my screen. Enclosed photo's give more details:

The shop where i've bought this laptop send me trough to Lenovo Service. I had really no clue where to find a email-adress so I post it here.

Further information: Simultaneously with the purshase of the laptop I've bought a warranty-upgrade: 'LENOVO Warranty 2 year On-site Repair (78Y9363)'. 

The photo's can be downloaded here: http://www.mediafire.com/?xuy5e1ojv4osp4x

Further help is urgently needed. I am convinced these spots and scratches on the screen aren't normal at all.  

EDIT: Laptop: Lenovo Thinkpad Edge E520 NZ33MMH 

EDIT2: I'm from the Netherlands, maybe that's necessary to know. 

EDIT3: Link 2 for the photo's: http://uploading.com/files/7e8327de/Foto%2527s%2BLenovo%2BE520%2BThinkpad.zip/

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,977
Message 2 of 8

Re: Returning my Thinkpad E520, serious screen problems

Hi Helder,

Your photo link took me to a flash-infested site that tried to open a pop-up and offered to let me download a zip file.  That's not going to happen...

It's too bad the retailer didn't take care of you.  Try calling your local Lenovo support number. I think this is it:

Netherlands Dutch +31 (0)20 513 3939 9 AM - 5 PM
Monday - Friday

Good luck,

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Helder
Punch Card
Views: 1,960
Message 3 of 8

Hi Zoltan,

That's weird Zoltan. It should bring you to medafire.com, then you get a pop-up, click it away and then you can download the file? It is working here. But never mind, thank you for the contactinformation. I'll try it out!

Regards,

Helder 

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,952
Message 4 of 8

Not weird.  Just me being cranky.  I have flashblock, adblock and pop-up blocker in my browser.  When a site tosses that much stuff at me that ends up blocked, I tend to just go away.  Not crazy about downloading files from unfamiliar sites either.

Sorry about the attitude.  Hopefully Lenovo support will get you going.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Guru
Views: 1,935
Message 5 of 8

Yeah Mediafire is quite ad heavy. Once you block them all, it is probably the best filesharing site available.

Could it be that the screen protector is too thick and is getting the surface texture rubbed away by the palmrest when the lid is closed?

W520: 2960XM, Q2000M @ 1091/1380, 32GB RAM, 500GB&750GB HDD & 500GB SSD, FHD&MB168B+
X61T: L7500, 4GB RAM, 500GB HDD, XGA screen, Ultrabase
W550s: 5600U, K620M at 1164/1281, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD, 3K touchscreen
X200s: SL9400, 6GB RAM, 64GB SD card, WXGA+ screen
TPT1: 1839-23U
Helder
Punch Card
Views: 1,907
Message 6 of 8

Hmm, I'm sorry but I don't understand what you are saying. I have this Crumpler protector: http://www.laptopverpakking.nl/screenprotector-crumpler-the-slip-17-wide.html#

It is very thin and is designed to protect Mac Laptops (but also compatible on other laptops). The intriging thing, the first time I went to school without it (because I didn't have it yet) my screen was full with spots, scratches etc.., with the Crumpler it is better but still the spots, scratches are there.

About, mediafire. I'm member of Mediafire, and in my opinion it is great. But I understand that the add's are annoying.

EDIT: My retailer understood the message, and they are trying to contact Lenovo Retour Service as well. I really hope it can be fixed, because the building quality is great, but if the screen is so poor it can't be good.

PS: Did someone already have seen the photo's yet? Or should I upload them on a other filesharing program?

EDIT: Uploaded the photo's on another site:

http://uploading.com/files/7e8327de/Foto%2527s%2BLenovo%2BE520%2BThinkpad.zip/

Helder
Punch Card
Views: 1,867
Message 7 of 8

But the weird thing. My retailer says:

'You have to bring you notebook to us, then we'll send it to the local Lenovo Service Center'.

My warranty upgrade implies: A Lenovo serviceman wil go to you house, solves the problem, if that isn't possibly he will take the notebook with him, and after they repaired him they will bring him back. Pick-up and Return-service it is called I thought.

Helder
Punch Card
Views: 1,834
Message 8 of 8

After a 20-minute wait, I finally got through with the Service Desk. I told him my problem, and he noted my adresses and sort of things and said he''ll call me back, or e-mail me. Little status update. 

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors