Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
buck06
Not applicable
Views: 16,248
Message 1 of 7

SMART short/drive self-test warning.

Don't know jack about computers.  The wife complained about our 420E acting up, wouldn't boot once recently, locked up once or twice.  I haven't experienced any problems.  Ran a diagnostic, and both the SMART short and drive self-tests showed "Warning" with a result code of WHD01V000-WHHXKJ.  Of course, I have no idea what this means.  I then ran the SMART Extended Self Test, and is showed "Passed," along with everything else.  Finally got hold of someone from tech today, and their site is down, so they couldn't look up the result code.  Does anyone know if these tests indicate a problem or not?

Gamloi7
Not applicable
Views: 16,065
Message 2 of 7

Re: SMART short/drive self-test warning.

Hi, buck06

I did some research on your issue and the error code, but was not able to find any documentation explaining what the error code actually means. If you are concerned about the health of your hard drive, then I would recommend running a ChkDsk. This is a Windows tool that will examine the health of your hard drive and should tell you how your hard drive is behaving.

To run ChkDsk, open up Computer and right-click on the drive you are most concerned with (C:\ is the main drive.) From the menu that will appear after right-clicking, select "Properties." This will open up a new window. From here, click on the tab that says "Tools." Then select the option under error checking.

Chkdsk can take a long time to run and requires that there not be any programs open on the drive when running it. Normally, the computer will say that it needs to wait until the computer has been restarted. Just note that if you elect to run ChkDsk, it could take a long time (at least an hour) until you can use your computer again.

Good luck, and let me know the results,

Adam

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution!" This will help the rest of the community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.
buck06
Not applicable
Views: 16,035
Message 3 of 7

Ran the test, which actually took less than 10  minutes.  When the test was over, it immediately restarted.  From what I saw, nothing seemed to have been noted.  Is there a report that this test produces?

tony530
Not applicable
Views: 13,762
Message 4 of 7

Original HGST HD failed at about 14 months. I have installed a new HGST and am getting a "Warning" when I run the SMART HD Test. (Result Code UHD01R000-WJUZKL)  I ran the MS disc scan and it comes back saying no intergirty issues. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Is Hatachi having isues with these drives?

Spoiler

Sullenovo
Not applicable
Views: 11,666
Message 5 of 7

Tony I am having a similar vague warning. Where can I get this SMART HD Test util? Is it generic or are there brand-specific executables?

I'm wondering why Lenovo doesn't have something more useful than vague codes. Even a chart would help the user look up what it means.

msh466
Not applicable
Views: 4,883
Message 6 of 7

I get a SMART Drive self warning to be followed by a OK (green check mark) SMART Drive self warning when repeated. CHKDSK when run  comes back negative with no hard drive issues. This has happened many times when running the Lenovo Solution Center. Not sure how reliable this software is. Or how trustworthy the codes are.

Krushna74
Not applicable
Views: 770
Message 7 of 7

I am getting SMART short self-testing warning in my laptop when Lenovo Solution Center runs hardware scan.

Apart from this all others are in green and the system is definitely slow.

What is the meaning of  "SMART short self-testing warning "?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors