Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
susan1958
Paper Tape
Views: 4,600
Message 1 of 4

Scroll Lock

I have the Lenovo E545.  I have tried every fn key and cannot get the scroll lock off.  so frustrated.  any other help on this?  Ready to throw this laptop out the window.

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 4,513
Message 2 of 4

Re: Scroll Lock

Hi,

Short answer: I don't know Smiley Sad

A couple of guesses:  Fn+C. if that isn't it try bringing up the on-screen keyboard and toggling it there.

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

susan1958
Paper Tape
Views: 4,489
Message 3 of 4

Yes, I tried the fn C and that too is a hit or miss.  The scroll may work for a minute and then it shuts down again.  One of many maladies on this computer.

I also get an error message every hour on the hour as a pop up window that says "message check has stopped working".  I have over 20,000 messages somewhere in space, yet not a one will pull up.  Have tried everything to get rid of this window messge, and yet still it persists.  Just another added mess to this computer that I have owned for less than a yeatr.

kacih32
What's DOS?
Views: 2,498
Message 4 of 4

Someone else had commented this, and the fn+K worked for me.  Just thought I'd share.  I'm on the T470S

The keyboard shortcuts for Pause, Break, SysRq and Scroll Lock on the E540 are as follow:

Fn+ B : Break

Fn+ K : Scroll Lock

Fn+ P : Pause

Fn+ S: SysRq

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors