Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
r3dsnake
Paper Tape
Views: 946
Message 1 of 20

Sleep problems with my Thinkpad Edge e125

Hello!

I hope you can help me. I have some problems with my Lenovo e125 thinkpad. My BIOS version is the latest (1.17)

I've set the power button to sleep, and disabled the lid closing action. The first problem is, when I push the sleep button, and then close the lid, and I open it again, the computer doesn't wake up. But sometimes yes.

The another (and more annoying) problem is, somethimes when I push the power button (what has set to sleep), the notebook competely restarts. My drivers are the latest, I've installed the latest AMD e450 driver from the AMD site.

I hope you can help me!

Thank you!

panamea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 881
Message 2 of 20

Re: Sleep problems with my Thinkpad Edge e125

i encountered the same issue with my e325. i think i managed to solve it by setting the power button to sleep both in windows power management AND lenovo thinkvantage power manager (found in globar power settings tab).

since that setting, i don't see a restart anymore and the sleep function works just fine.

please try this yourself and let me know if it works for you too.

Retired Partner
Views: 859
Message 3 of 20

Hello r3dsnake and welcome to community,

I assume you are using Windows 7, a Windows update is require to resolve this issue.

Windows 7 Update Module KB958685 (Windows 32-bit)

Windows 7 Update Module KB958685 (Windows 64-bit)

I hope your issue gets resolved after this update.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

r3dsnake
Paper Tape
Views: 847
Message 4 of 20

Hello!

Thanks for the information to both of you! I've tried to install the windows update, but i cannot, because the auto updater installed it already. The description says about the lid closing action, but i have problem with the power button, it's restarts the system competely. I have the same setting for the button at the Lenovo power manager, and at the windows settings. Is there any way I could report this problem to lenovo directly? Maybe they could release a new BIOS version or a windows bugfix.

I'm looking forward to your reply!

Thank you!

panamea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 837
Message 5 of 20

i suggest to use lenovo thinkvantage system update tool...it should download&install all the missing windows/drivers updates.
r3dsnake
Paper Tape
Views: 827
Message 6 of 20

of course all of the drivers are installed from the system update, and with the windows update too

but i cannot install that installer what i've got in the previous answer.

the installer says it's not vaild for this computer

this problem is really annoys me, is there any chance there will be a new bios with a fix to this bug? if i use the Start menu - sleep option, there is no problem at all, but with the power button, sometimes (most of the time) it restarts the computer

i'm looking forward to your reply

thank you!
panamea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 808
Message 7 of 20

as i said, i remember perfectly having the same problem as you and now it is solved, but it looks the way i think i solved it does not work for you; maybe it was not the way i solved it, so i need to think more to it.

btw, which OS are you using? win 7 x64 as i am?

panamea
Fanfold Paper
Views: 805
Message 8 of 20

here is another thought, which came to me thinking what other differences there might be between your case and mine:

1. uninstall ALL windows updates/hot fixes you have, one by one
2. restart
3.run thinkvantage system update (do not run windows update) and install everything it finds for you (EVERYTHING)

try it and let us know, there is nothing to loose since you can always run windows update again.
r3dsnake
Paper Tape
Views: 799
Message 9 of 20

Hello!

Yes, I am using W7x64 too, i've reinstalled today again, but I have the same issue. I'm really tired of it, it makes me want to sell my notebook, because this is unacceptable.

Please Lenovo, release a new BIOS or a hotfix...

Thanks

r3dsnake
Paper Tape
Views: 798
Message 10 of 20

Could you tell me please what you've selected exactly from the Lenovo System Updater?

Thank you!

Holiday Deals
HAPPENING NOW!

Get the best deals on PCs and tech now during the Holiday Sale
Shop the sale

Top Kudoed Authors