Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
consultant
Paper Tape
Views: 1,328
Message 1 of 6

Smaller Battery Indicator Alternative?

Loving my new Thinkpad Edge.  Not like the huge Battery & A/C indicator in the task bar that is about as wide as two application buttons.  I know how to disable it.  But is there a way in Windows 7 to get a smaller battery indicator in the system tray like I get on my other laptops?

Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,271
Message 2 of 6

Re: Smaller Battery Indicator Alternative?

there's a nice little gadget that shows the time left and percentage.  control panel, gadgets, at the bottom tick get more gadgets online.  at the bottom tick get more desktop gadgets.  on the left tick tools and utilities.  in the search bar type battery meter.  it will bring you up four of them.  i tried to get the iphone one but it says that it's not a valid application.  so i got the 9-skin battery meter.  that one is pretty good.  you can make it real small. i stuck mine right above the task bar almost where it belongs.  it seems to be pretty accurate.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
consultant
Paper Tape
Views: 1,265
Message 3 of 6

I fail to see how you can resize the 9-skin battery meter.

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 1,250
Message 4 of 6

Hi consultant!

To get a smaller battery indicator in the system tray like you get on my other laptops, uncheck Power Manager>Options>Show Power Manager Gauge in taskbar, and make sure you have the Windows system power icon turned on. Right click on the icon to start the Lenovo power manager. This is how I'm set up.

Hope this helps!

I don't work for Lenovo. I'm a crazy volunteer!
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 1,247
Message 5 of 6

you click on the little wrench to the right of it where it says options. make it small.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.
consultant
Paper Tape
Views: 1,236
Message 6 of 6

Thank Bananaman.  Forgot about that Customize option.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors