Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
izhar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,508
Message 1 of 4

THINKPAD EDGE E420 FACTORY RESTORE

Dear all expert!

Please help me in solving the following problem on urgent basis.

I have install MATLAB 32BIT on my E420 I5, running 64BIT Window 7 Home premium. Then when i restart it, it did't boot properly but always restarting. Some how i manage to boot it by pressing f8, f11 etc..then i try backup all the system to its dedicated backup partition where factory restore file were present already(i think the original factory restor point is overwritten) but it give error that no suffient space is available to backup system in this partition. So i choose Partion D and the backup is successfull.

Then i uninstall the Matlab and recent window updates. But problems did't  solved though. Atlast i press FACTORY RESTORE but unfortunatly it restore to the recently RESTORE point...all partion, data, and the PROBLEMS are STILL exist ..only installed programms missing. I saved my important data to USB.

Now my queries are;

1) How to get back to the pre-MATLAB INSTALLED position. or

2)How to undo the writing of factory restore file and get back the origonal factory restore point.

If both of these not possible, then what to do next? Fresh window installation and formate complete system or some thing else? 

Many Thanks in advance.

Engr.Izhar

izhar
Blue Screen Again
Views: 7,486
Message 2 of 4

Re: THINKPAD EDGE E420 FACTORY RESTORE

Let me clear my point.

When i start the system (EDGE E420) it give beep and the screen appear written following:

Phoenix Securecore Tiano (TM) for thinkpad..copy right...Build time : 5/9/2011.

CPU= INTEL CORE (TM) I5-2410M @2.30 GHZ.

4096 MB SYSTEM RAM PASSED

256KB L2 CACHE

SYSTEM BIOS SHADOWED

VIDIO BIOS SHADOWED 

BIOS VERSION: 8HET30WW(1.12)

FIXED DISK: WDC WD2500BEVT-08A23T1

ATAPI CD-ROM: HL-DT-STDUDRAM GT33N.

I then update its BIOS TO 1.26 SUCCEFFULY but it give the same error screen with BIOS updated..

Please help me how to resolve this problem.Smiley Surprised

Community SuperMod
Community SuperMod
Views: 7,480
Message 3 of 4

Moderator comment: Please don't post the same message(s) in multiple places as it splinters the discussion. Duplicate(s) removed. Thank you.

Community GuidelinesSearchPrivate MessagingENDEESPTRUUACZ-SKTRMoto
PM requests for individual support are not answered. If a post solves your issue, please mark it so.

I am not a Lenovo employee.

billbeaty
What's DOS?
Views: 4,423
Message 4 of 4

Windows is gone. Crashed & missing from C drive. How do I get to the recovery partition and start recovery? Please advise

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors