Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kristián
Punch Card
Views: 241
Message 1 of 8

Think Pad Edge E540, Type 20C6003QXS

Hi, 

I have a problem with web browsers. Chrome is working properly, but IE, mozilla and opera dont load pages. If I write any adress in any of these three web browsers, it start loading. Small symbol is showing, that is loading, but nothing else happening. It not writing something about proxy server, or web page cant be loaded or something like this. It just loading and loading.....  But Chrome is working properly. Could you help me please?

Thank you

Kristián

Guru
Views: 231
Message 2 of 8

Re: Think Pad Edge E540, Type 20C6003QXS

Try to reinstall Mozilla and Opera.

Are you using a proxy? Make sure the browsers are automatically detecting the proxy settings.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Kristián
Punch Card
Views: 226
Message 3 of 8

I tried reinstall mozilla, but it didnt helped. I tried now set, that browsers automatically detecting the proxy settings and it didnt helped too. I dont know, that i using a proxy. I dont know exactly what proxy is. 

Guru
Views: 219
Message 4 of 8

Is there a chance you have malware installed on your machine? Sometimes malware or viruses adjust browser settings or corrupt the browsers. Which could result in the problem you are having.

Warm regards,
Jonas Hendrickx

Lenovo Insider - Windows Insider MVP

Personal website: ThinkScopes

Kristián
Punch Card
Views: 214
Message 5 of 8

I dont think so, because i scanned my thinkpad yesterday with norton.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 200
Message 6 of 8

Hello Kristián,

Sorry to hear about your problem. Did you try to reset the browser settings? Did you try to reset the DNS or reset the winsock? If you still suspect any threat, you can try to run a scan with Norton Power Eraser tool: http://www.norton.com/npe

Harry

Norton Support

Kristián
Punch Card
Views: 186
Message 7 of 8

Web browsers work now, but i have a new problem.Since I Scanned my computer with Norton Power Eraser and istalled Norton Bootable Recovery Tool, my Norton Internet security is not working. It not start automatically when I switch on computer and it not works if i click on it. So i am now on the internet without antivirus.

Lenovo Technology Partner
Views: 179
Message 8 of 8

That's odd, sorry for the trouble. Did you try to uninstall/reinstall Norton? If not, try that first. You can use Norton Remove & Reinstall tool: http://www.norton.com/nrnr. Let me know how it goes.

Harry

Norton Support

Moderator comment: URL fixed (it had a trailing ".").

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors