cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
paul_c_o
Paper Tape
Views: 2,688
Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad 11e 3rd Gen Blue Screen Error Solution (SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (Wdf01000.sys)

Hello,

New to the forums,  I just picked up a ThinkPad 11e 20GA.

Unfortunately, a day after setting up I received a Blue Screen Error: SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (Wdf01000.sys)

The Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) would only happen when in tablet mode. When the back of the screen would fully fold back and Windows prompted “Switch to Tablet Mode”. Any keyboard or touchpad clicks would instantly cause BSOD, followed by a restart.  Tent, laptop, laid out flat, no problem, all functions normal.

Steps taken

-Run updates of

Lenovo Support Center

Windows 10 to “anniversary update”

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12387/windows-10-update-history

Follow Windows Clean Boot method. Disabling programs from running at start up: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

After updates previous BSOD error still happens in tablet mode when keyboard or touchpad is pressed.

Searched around, and found a suggestion to update the Synaptics Driver. More searching and found:

http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-yoga-series-laptops/thinkpad-...

Downloaded, installed and restarted. So far, in tablet mode, I can press any key or click/swipe the touchpad and no BSOD, no errors.

Running a full hardware scan now in Levono Solution Center on the 11e. Typing this up on my primary laptop.

There are recommended updates at support.lenovo that I have not yet run from Intel and Realtree. Waiting to see how the scan turns out.

Regards,

Paul_c_o_

jwdean26
Paper Tape
Views: 2,642
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkPad 11e 3rd Gen Blue Screen Error Solution (SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (Wdf01000.s

I'm having the exact same problem.  I've already sent my system into Lenovo support once and that didn't fix it.  I've reverted Windows back to factory a few times, but that didn't resolve the problem.  I'm going to try updating the synaptics driver as you suggest to see if that will work.  I've got a new ticket and am supposed to send my system back in, but will try this first.  Thanks for the suggestion.  It has been very frustrating so far.

jwdean26
Paper Tape
Views: 2,633
Message 3 of 6

Re: ThinkPad 11e 3rd Gen Blue Screen Error Solution (SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED (Wdf01000.s

I updated this driver on my system and it fixed the issue. I then upgraded to the Anniversary update of Windows 10 and recreated the BSOD. I had to re-install the new version of the Synaptics Driver after the Windows 10 Anniversary update and the BSOD disappeared again. This has been a very strange issue to resolve.  Just glad I stumbled upon your post.  Thanks again!

paul_c_o
Paper Tape
Views: 2,622
Message 4 of 6

Thank you, glad it helped!

Skooter23
What's DOS?
Views: 2,559
Message 5 of 6

Four hours of troubleshooting, installing updates, & scanning later, the Synaptics Driver WAS the fix

Thank you for posting the solution

S-

paul_c_o
Paper Tape
Views: 2,556
Message 6 of 6

Cool, glad it worked out. So far my 11e has been stable now for about a week. No BSOD, no forced restarts.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors