Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rudde
Paper Tape
Views: 954
Message 1 of 2

ThinkPad E460 - TouchPad Will not work untill lenovo keyboard is pressed and arrow left is in a loop

Hello.

Last week a got a brand new ThinkPad E460 factory sealed for work. And it've had troubles with it out of the box, I have a ThinkPad T450s private and have never experienced anything like this on my private laptop. 

So of the bath to tends to freeze at Lenovo logo in BIOS boot screen. And I have to press a bunch of keys for it to continue. I think I might have fixed this issue by disableing secure boot and anti-theaft. It didn't always happen, but it happend every morning at work. I disabled these features now so I can't confirm or deny if that problem is competely ficked. 

I have of coruse updated the BIOS and all drivers. 

My second issue is that EVERY time, not only when I restart but also if I sign out of my account and back in again is that my TouchPad refuse to work if I don't click a key (any key) on the lenovo keyboard in addition to this left arrow key is in a loop. This is really annoying as I use this with a dock at my workplace. If I move the coursor to a textfield with my external mouse or the Trackpoint (that works fine regardless if I click on the keyboard or not) I will see the corusing being moved to the left contantly untill I click a key at the keyboard. 

What is going on? These issues seems really strange to me and not something you'd epxect. 

recliner2
Fanfold Paper
Views: 849
Message 2 of 2

Re: ThinkPad E460 - TouchPad Will not work untill lenovo keyboard is pressed and arrow left is in a

I have not had the POST freeze problem, although I did have a bug with Yubikey, I had to push the Yubikey button twice to input the second part of my long VeraCrypt password, this was solved with a BIOS update.. Also my right speaker sounds broken on higher volumes, and OSD brightness bar is stuck on screen after waking up from S3 suspend, but goes away if I adjust the brightness with the keys on the keyboard.

I do also have the TouchPad lockup problem! I have noticed the same, random lockups of the TouchPad. The TrackPoint works but the TouchPad locks up. It is restored by pushing a keyboard key or the TrackPoint mouse keys, or just leaving the TouchPad alone for a while (5-10 seconds).

I got this machine with Windows 10 pre-installed but decided to go back to Windows 7 since Windows 10 has been nothing but a big PITA. I didn't notice this problem on Windows 10, but I have plenty of other Windows 10 specific problems. After installing all the latest drivers available for E460 (latest available from the site at the time, September 2016) this problem popped up.

Current driver: 8.216.1616.135

I just checked System Update and noticed an update for the ALPS ThinkPad UltraNav Driver, so I'll update and check back (if I remember).

New driver: 8.216.1616.151

[Problem fixes]
- Fixed an issue related to TouchPad Cursor no response in a short time after resume from S3 by lid close

Maybe this have or will fix your TouchPad problem too.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors