Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hogehoge
Paper Tape
Views: 2,550
Message 1 of 4

ThinkPad E460 integrated camera is not working

Hi,

I got a ThinkPad E460 running Windows10 Pro.  The integrated camera was working before but when I tried to use Skype for the first time in a few months this morning, video didn't show.  Then I ran the Camera app in Win10 and it gave me the error code 0xA00F4271(0x80070005) even though it was shown as "working" in Device Manager.  The camera still doesn't work after deleting it in Device Manager and letting Win10 reinstall by itself, updating the camera driver, checking the privacy settings, etc.  I don't know if this is related or not, but the integrated mic was missing in Device Manager before I found out that the camera was not working.  I updated the audio driver and the mic started working again.

Is there anything else that I can do to fix the camera?  Thanks in advance!

JDGillis
Bit Torrent
Views: 2,541
Message 2 of 4

Re: ThinkPad E460 integrated camera is not working

Some AV Security software, such as Kapersky AV, will sometimes block the camera access, so check to see if yours has such a feature.

Other thing to try is to completely remove the existing camera driver to see if it has become corrupted.   In windows, just uninstalling and reinstalling will not install a clean copy, unless you make sure to check the box during the uninstall to "Delete the driver software for this device".    If left unchecked, it will just reuse the existing driver, and if already the latest version, attempts to reinstall the same driver again will not always replace all files since they already exist.

Also make sure to install all of the latest Chipset drivers, or better yet, run the Lenovo's ThinkVantage System Update (TVSU) and update all of the drivers to the latest version.      Sometimes it seems to find updates that fix issues that manually updating misses..

I would hold of on any BIOS updates except as a last resort, however, since they sometimes go bad, and when they do, they go really bad and can leave your system bricked..

ThinkVantage System Update (TVSU)

https://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht080136

Good Luck,

hogehoge
Paper Tape
Views: 2,534
Message 3 of 4

Hi JD,

Thanks for your reply!  I have Kaspersky and that was blocking the camera access!  When I googled the error code, there were some web pages mentioning that the access right to the picture folder was not granted for the camera to save images.  That wasn't case on my PC and I never thought that Kaspersky was blocking the camera access.  The camera was working fine before and I didn't change any settings in Kaspersky, so I don't know what caused the problem...  Anyway, thanks again!!!

Brad_BM
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,100
Message 4 of 4

the pic from my ThinkPad Edge are blurry and overcontrasted

any ideas ?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors