Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pajano
Paper Tape
Views: 422
Message 1 of 6

ThinkPad E540 with OneLink Dock Pro

Hello. I would like to resolve my problem with my E540 with OneLink Dock Pro. 

When dock is connected to my notebook and I press power button, backlight of display lights up, but display stays black, no lenovo logo, nothing... Sometimes it shows logo but it freezes on this logo too. When I disconnect dock, notebook boots up normally. I tryed to disconnect monitor, keyboard and mouse from dock too, but it has no effect. This "freezing" seems to be happening only when dock is connected. On charger notebook boots up normally. And last note, this is happening only on "cold" start, restart works normaly.

Problems started just after flashing new firmware to dock (v. 2.30) and BIOS update (v. 2.23). I do not know what made this problems, because I was doing these updates together.

Thanks for any answer... Smiley Happy

justsergei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 347
Message 2 of 6

Re: ThinkPad E540 with OneLink Dock Pro

I have the same problems with Onelink+ and X1 Carbon 2016.

Hope it will be solved.

pajano
Paper Tape
Views: 326
Message 3 of 6

Hello, I figured out something about my problem... Notebook is not booting only when is connected keyboard. Not only when is connected to the dock but to any USB port, included notebooks USB ports, 2.0, 3.0 no difference. Keyboard is A4tech Bloody B120. For now I have no other keyboard to try, but I will try another one, if this is some BIOS issue, when is discovering devices or if this is keyboard issue, but I thing it will be keyboard. Weird...

justsergei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 287
Message 4 of 6

What did you find in the end?

Seems to be not a keyborad issue in my case.

pajano
Paper Tape
Views: 281
Message 5 of 6

Ou I forget to write... In my case it is a keyboard problem. I tryed another one and it works normally. But I do not know how it is possible, beacause roommates notebook (ASUS) boots with this A4Tech B120 keyboard just fine.

justsergei
Fanfold Paper
Views: 278
Message 6 of 6

Thank you for sharing.

Nothing works in my case. Got another dock from Lenovo with the same result. 

Hope it will be cured in future BIOS updates.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors