Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bemo64
Paper Tape
Views: 144
Message 1 of 1

ThinkPad E555 - Touchpad is responding intermittently

Just got my Lenovo E555 back from the service depot after having it one evening and I turned it on and it automatically upgraded to windows 10. Not that I minded going to 10 from 8.1. Point being I never got the chance to see if the touchpad worked in win 8.1. Now in win 10 the touchpad works about 1 in every 4 or 5 times I tap it. It scrolls just fine. I've adjusted the sensitivity in control panel but to no avail. I saw it was suggested that the driver might be out of date for the win 10 64 bit OS, but when I tried to install the driver made available from Lenovo, I was informed that I was about to install a driver that was older than the one currently installed.

I tried installing LSB but it wouldn't install. All it said was that there was "an error" while attempting to install LSB. Am I going have to send my laptop back for the second time in two weeks?

Also, I've noticed that if I move the pointer too close to the scroll bar on the right of the screen, the cursor changes shape into what looks like a tiny scroll bar that scrolls the whole page when I move the cursor instead of just letting me move the cursor where I want it.

Any ideas how to get this thing taken care of?

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors