Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Grzegorz_OCG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 1,069
Message 1 of 8

ThinkPad E570 randomly crashes - gliphs/glitches on screen

Hi,
I have six ThinkPads E570 (20H5V75SPB), and one of them is randomly crashing (from two times a day to one time a week).

Every time it looks the same (see attached photo). The photo is with an external monitor attached, but the same happens without it.

I've tried installing other (older/newer) drivers (mostly for the GPU), updating BIOS, and other things. 

This one is the only one I have problems with.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.

e570-crash.jpgCrash on E570

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 973
Message 2 of 8

Re: ThinkPad E570 randomly crashes - gliphs/glitches on screen

Hello,

It helps to post which driver versions you have installed and your system.  Could you ensure that you have the following driver installed; it was released to fix an issue which your description matches.

Graphics driver:

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/sk/en/products/laptops-and-netbooks/thinkpad-edge-laptops/thinkpad-e570...

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

Grzegorz_OCG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 942
Message 3 of 8

Hi,
Sorry, I forgot to mention that. Yes, these are the latest drivers (23.20.16.4877) I have tried. And they haven't helped.

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 879
Message 4 of 8

Hello,

I'll be sending you a private message regarding another driver for you to test, please look out for it.

Andy

English Community Leader
Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points 
Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star below their post awarding them Kudos

Please don't ask me questions by Personal Message; questions belong in the forums.

Communities:   English    Deutsche    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Język Polski    Moto English

elboutch
What's DOS?
Views: 835
Message 5 of 8

Hello,

I have exactly the same issue with my Lenovo E570.

Tried many things but nothing change.
Please let me know if the latest driver resolved the issue.
Thanks

Regards

Grzegorz_OCG
Fanfold Paper
Views: 830
Message 6 of 8

It's been a week since I've installed the beta/test driver (23.20.16.4973), which was kind to provide, and for now there were no crashes. It looks it's done the job, but I'm not celebrating yet, because previously there were longer periods of time without crashes. 

I'll post an update next week

elboutch
What's DOS?
Views: 821
Message 7 of 8

Good news Smiley Happy
Thanks for your reply.

Can you (or  ) give me a link for this new driver ?

Thanks

Administrator
Administrator
Views: 748
Message 8 of 8

All,

A new driver has been released to the web to address the issue discussed in this thread, Happy Computing!

https://pcsupport.lenovo.com/us/en/products/LAPTOPS-AND-NETBOOKS/THINKPAD-EDGE-LAPTOPS/THINKPAD-E570...

Andy

English Community Leader

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors