cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rvsw
Paper Tape
Views: 280
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Edge 431 Powered USB charging at only one port when thinkpad is in hibernate

I have a ThinkPad 431 with Windows 7 the BIOS  turned on for always on.

I switched on the USB option always on in lenovo utility.

Thinkpad has 3 USB ports, two on the left and one on the right.

The one on the right works when the thinkpad is in hibernation. The left ones don't. When thinkpad is on, all ports charge.

Is this by design or is there a problem with my Thinkpad unit. I really realy need two ports for charging.

rvsw
Paper Tape
Views: 278
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Edge 431 Powered USB charging at only one port when thinkpad is in hibernate

I should mention that I don't have any yellow USB port. Neither the left or the right ones have yellow.
Community SeniorMod
Community SeniorMod
Views: 275
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Edge 431 Powered USB charging at only one port when thinkpad is in hibernate

According to the User's Guide, pages 5 & 6, the USB port on the right side is "always on".  The two on the left are not.

http://download.lenovo.com/ibmdl/pub/pc/pccbbs/mobiles_pdf/e431_e531_ug_en.pdf

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored - questions and answers belong in the forum so that others may contribute and benefit. ... GeezBlog

Communities:   English    Deutsch    Español    Português    Русскоязычное    Česká    Slovenská    Українська   Polski    Moto English

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors