cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
koh-samui
What's DOS?
Views: 387
Message 1 of 3

ThinkPad Edge E135 can use the screen outside?

Hello,

i am looking for laptop of 11,6" matte screen the ThinkPad Edge E135 looks what i am looking for,

did you already try outside in a sunny day?

I need to use in this type of situation,

or maybe do you know an another laptop?

Thank for you reply.

koh-samui
What's DOS?
Views: 359
Message 2 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Edge E135 can use the screen outside?

No one can inform me?

My english is not so good,

maybe i post in the wrong thread?

frg
Punch Card
Views: 334
Message 3 of 3

Re: ThinkPad Edge E135 can use the screen outside?

Those planning to work with their new E135 out in the sun will not have much fun. The 11.6-inch screen is AR-coated but the brightness is too low. It should have been at least 250 cd/m2 rather than the 184 cd/m2. Thus, we looked upon a dark screen in the sunny weather conditions during the test, which is extremely hard and stressful on the eyes. The brightness suffices for indoor use providing that the desk is not circled by light.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-E135-NZV5YGE-Netbook.82848.0.html

The screen's average brightness of 200 cd/m2 is better than in earlier ThinkPad times where laptops usually only featured dark 130 cd/m2 screens. The brightness is absolutely sufficient for indoor use. However, a much too dark screen torments us outdoors. Depending on the light incidence, reading becomes difficult up to impossible and you do not stand a chance when you view the screen from the side.

http://www.notebookcheck.net/Review-Lenovo-ThinkPad-Edge-E130-NZU5FGE-Subnotebook.82831.0.html

Other review is from E130, but I'd assume the display is pretty much same.

Notice that the review quotes mean DIRECT sunlight use.

Check out current deals!

Shop current deals

Top Kudoed Authors